Morph

If they all went wfp???
« on: June 01, 2006, 09:13:13 pm »
I often see at least 10 other trad windowcleaners in just one day, in the small area I cover. 
I'm glad they haven't all converted to wfp yet!  They'd probably clean up on me.
So I hope they keep on thinking, "What's that idiot think he's up to?"  "Anyone can squirt water at a window!"
That's what worries me ;D
Some days I pretend I'm skilled ;D

Chris Cottrell

Re: If they all went wfp???
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 09:55:17 pm »
"What's that idiot think he's up to?" 

We wouldn't think that ::)

;D ;D

Morph

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 10:20:51 pm »
Thanks for your comment Chris.

I knew this would bring an instant rush of interest, just as the mod said! :P

macc

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 11:24:02 pm »
With me its " whys there an idiot on the end of that pole, what a waste of kit."  :o

macc

rosskesava

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 11:32:26 pm »
With wfp, trad cleaners will have a job for a good few years yet because in my experience, there are lots of complaints about it and much more than with trad cleaners and before anyone says how wfp is better, that is not the point I am making. Better or not, there are a lot of the public who just don't like it.

I think if trad were banned, which I can't really see happening for the forseeable future, then just as with trad, there will be the 'come and go' cowboys.

Good thing about wfp is the outlay. That will put a lot off plus the strain on the body and the fact that work doesn't just appear automatically. It needs to be 'got' and then priced correctly.

Cheers

macc

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 04:39:21 pm »
I aggree, wfp & trad have there own advantages.

I had a great round in a village that took 2 days trad & pulled in at least £400 min. It was no good wfp bacause of hassel & hs issues. I suppose i could have invested in a back pack or trolly but a van mount is for me.

Anyway, the other wc in the village who i got to know well over the years done a deal with me. We never nicked each others work or had a price war, infact became good mates.

My point is as fantastic as wfp is, some times its no good for certain areas or rounds, trad wont die for a long long time yet.

macc

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 06:00:15 pm »
Where I work there seems to be more WFP users than ladder users; although I still regularly use a ladder when I need too, or I consider the clean simpler or quicker using ladders.

Recently I was asked to quote for a care home.  I quoted £60 and that was a fair price.  I really wanted this job; it was perfect for WFP - easy access everywhere; exterior only and close to me;  so I submitted the quote erring on the cheap side to get the job.

I didn't! 

The windows and frames of this property are now gleaming; so I know it's a WFP user; and he must've quoted cheaper than £60.00 which was the minimum price I'd do the job for.

I think the more WFP users in your area, the cheaper the prices will be for the larger type of work.

Londoner

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006, 08:08:59 am »
I see a lot of both types of cleaners in my area. My impression is that once a cleaner gets a WFP he starts to look longingly at the office buildings and blocks of flats that he didn't pay much attention to before.
This is natural, but it does mean that section of the trade is getting very competitive. The domestic market will be split for many years to come.

sair

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 03:43:11 pm »
one town i work in there seems to be no wfp or many tradistional and i keep getting asked to do these larger houses as attractive as commercial is i have started doing these houses again after 7 years no domestic, wife laughed thought i was mad but there 60 -90 £s and allmost 2-3 near enough to each other or a friend of so and so  takeing 1-1.5 hours a house or there abouts . there a place for all . the nice thing is there large enough to use wfp and they love the finish on the windows
ask me in the winter if its a good idea but i have a goal of 10 per week over next 3 months
Essentially Pure Ltd

sair

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006, 03:43:51 pm »
and therehappy to pay vat on top
Essentially Pure Ltd