paul brealey

trolly or backpack
« on: May 31, 2006, 04:04:28 pm »
changing fom normal windowcleaning to  wfp,and noticed some windowcleaners changing to backpacks,which is better and if backpacks are where can i get one. cheers.

jeff1

Re: trolly or backpack
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 06:15:00 pm »
David Duck has just posted this have a look.

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=20594.0

pjulk

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 11:39:14 pm »
Trolley and backpack each have there good and bad points some jobs are suited better to a trolley some to a backpack.

At the end of the day they all do the same job so it what you prefer really.

Paul

craig jwc

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 11:45:53 pm »
I have a van system (run from the trolley), Trolley and backpack.
I use all of them.
It all depends on the job itself

Craig

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 08:43:55 am »
Not Perfect - But Honest

brett walker

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 09:06:22 am »
Depends on what you want to spend really, have you looked on Matts DIY site?  but if your like me and not a diy person the backpack is an excellent piece of kit.  You will find it is very easy to use and its very rare that anyone gets any problems with it

I use the pure freedom trolley and the backpack like everyones said they all do the job at an affordable price

Brett

David 'Duck' Clare

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 09:10:03 am »
Hi Paul,

Ive gone backpack for three reasons:

1. it was cheaper than a van system
2. most of my work is residential and at least 30% of it would be hard to access with a van system
3. i can always upgrade to a van system if i really get on with the backpack (but if i went straight for a van system all my spare cash would be involved in that!)

Obviously a van system will give a lot more water, hence allow for bigger jobs....but my round isnt like that so that didnt worry me. Between the Backpack and the Trolley i think that is personal choice

My reasons are my own but they may help you make up your mind. My post above shows how ive connected the pole to the back in a very clear picture. i looked at other posts on here and was worried about this bit - but in reality it was so simple when i got the bits yesterday!

DC

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 05:44:52 pm »
1. it was cheaper than a van system
2. most of my work is residential and at least 30% of it would be hard to access with a van system
3. i can always upgrade to a van system if i really get on with the backpack (but if i went straight for a van system all my spare cash would be involved in that!)

Obviously a van system will give a lot more water, hence allow for bigger jobs....but my round isnt like that so that didnt worry me. Between the Backpack and the Trolley i think that is personal choice

I agree with the Duck!

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 05:50:20 pm »
To me back packs are a waste of time, i bought 2 and they are now redundent, only used them for about 10 hours tops,to me they are too much hassle constantly filling them up and charging them.
I agree they are good for some people, Such as Tosh who's round seems to suit them.

I will be listing them both in the for sale section soon, so keep your eyes out for them.

Dave

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 06:10:48 pm »
To me back packs are a waste of time, i bought 2 and they are now redundent, only used them for about 10 hours tops,to me they are too much hassle constantly filling them up and charging them.
I agree they are good for some people, Such as Tosh who's round seems to suit them.

I will be listing them both in the for sale section soon, so keep your eyes out for them.

Dave

I also agree with Dave.  It's a case of 'horses for courses'.

But I wouldn't want anyone to get the impression that backpacks are 'naff'.  If your round is mainly residential with access issues; or you just want to dip your toe into the WFP world; then they're a great way to start off.

The whole set up costs under £500.00 and depending on your work; you'll make that back easily; not just in cost; but you'll have a better quality of life using it too. 

Once I've paid the taxman, my next purchase will be a small-van mounted system.

After I've built up enough 'blue chip' company type work; I'll get a big van, but I bet the backpacks still will come in usefull.

Anyway, Dave, stop threatening to sell those backpacks, get them in the 'for sale' section and make sure you e-mail me so I can get a bid in.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 06:27:53 pm »
they are listed right now

Dave

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 06:44:51 pm »
David,

I've posted a reply to it, but you're probably better off selling them on e-bay.

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2006, 06:50:48 pm »
David did you not see my request for a backpack!
Tel : 07946584730 or tristanmiddle@yahoo.co.uk cheers -Tristan