c w window cleanin

renting out your round to somone
« on: May 31, 2006, 12:05:29 pm »
A friend was telling me the other day that a lad he knows, rents out his window cleaning round ,to a worker he has known for ages.the lad doing the work already had a steady job with this guy but now rents something like three grands worth of work a month for a £1000 fee :o? thus earning himself a lot more than when he was on an hourly rate(£7.00ph?). I think they use wfp exclusivley and i know the houses/contracts are priced well, so this seemed like a good little idea to me as a self employd window cleaner. Anyone here rented out their round to anyone before ?, how did it go, where there any problems etc? oh, and i think their collecting is all just cheques sent by customers, sounds great to me!! :)

Archy136

Re: renting out your round to somone
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 05:16:38 pm »
I was in IT for 5 years and rented out a contract for about £200 a month. Basically you need to be able to trust the person and know he does a good job and then you should be ok.

Archie

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 05:54:29 pm »
I think Archy's right the main issue here is Trust.

abacus

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 08:07:01 pm »
Hi yes I rent out one round but I do the paperwoke and all cheques come in the companies name all cash is handed in to me and I pay % at the end of the month Ican then keep a check on the work and if they mess about you can just withdrawn your contract and rent to someone else hard to find good workers at times but can work well easey way to work if your the one renting no outlay and round to work up the more effort you put in the more you earn
regards grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved

c w window cleanin

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 10:04:49 am »
Thanks lads, im thinking of giving it a go, but id need a lot more work than ive got at the moment to do it properly. Any more advice on this subject allways welcome! ;)

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 10:16:18 am »
Yeh, I did that a few years ago.
Tha lad who rented the round kept all the cash, filled out a day sheet of who he had done and who paid and who had a ticket.  The cheques and tickets were paid to me.  I deducted his rent and paid him the rest at the end of the following month.
Worked well: Untill he got bored and didn't do a lot, then packed in!!

David
Not Perfect - But Honest