Smurf

Re: Skyvac 85
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2016, 08:31:22 pm »
That just proves slacky that the vac you just bought will soon pay for itself in no time at all. Mind it helps if you know how to use one properly. Mind the tools that come with that skyvac are pants by the way  ;D ;D

Tosh

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2016, 08:36:41 pm »
I was planning on breaking in to your van tonight, ‘borrow’ your gear ;)
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Dave Willis

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2016, 08:39:06 pm »
That's good money for a council house.

Tosh

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2016, 08:41:05 pm »
I think he had to do the garage as well for that.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Smurf

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2016, 08:43:52 pm »
I was planning on breaking in to your van tonight, ‘borrow’ your gear ;)

Well if it goes missing I now know who to blame  ;D
Anyhow no tools are left in the van overnight  ;)

Nick Day

« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2016, 08:45:24 pm »
No, not that particular model. We have tested many vacs and as a ball park figure you can safely say that the airspeed will be directly related to the wattage (approx. 213 mph per 1000 watts, this was at the nozzle of a 51mm hose at 5 metres length) the water lift is totally unrelated. We have tested 3000 watt machines at 85"- 90" (pretty standard) water lift and a 1400 watt vac, £45.00 off ebay with a water lift of 112". The more motors usually equates to (proportionately) less water lift, this is because the more powerful motors (there is always one) "steel" air from their less powerful neighbour or neighbours when under stress.
The essential for gutter cleaning is a good filter system ( we do a Soteco 3500 machine, the Sky vac is a Soteco) if you are relying on the filter system that our Soteco has, assuming that the Sky vac is the same,  then be prepared for burnt out motors. We have developed our own filter system and have never had a motor burn out.
In our opinion, and from what we have found, a good single motor machine will always do as good a job as any multiple motor machine.

Nick Day

« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2016, 09:08:04 pm »
Slack, I just read your post about ladders, what I am saying is that if you use a kit with a silicon head and rely on vacuum power, you will need a ladder. At the moment the gutters are wet and reasonable power will suck weeds out of the gutters, but when the  gutters dry out and you cannot get the suction on the weed because air is getting through the weeds you need tools to lift the weeds out of the gutters.

Smurf

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2016, 09:23:22 pm »
Or just blast em out with one of these instead...sorted YEHAA! ;D ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEYirj1fZZA

Dave Willis

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2016, 10:30:24 pm »

Tosh

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2016, 11:11:28 pm »
Slack, I just read your post about ladders, what I am saying is that if you use a kit with a silicon head and rely on vacuum power, you will need a ladder. At the moment the gutters are wet and reasonable power will suck weeds out of the gutters, but when the  gutters dry out and you cannot get the suction on the weed because air is getting through the weeds you need tools to lift the weeds out of the gutters.

Ok, ta, well, live and learn.

Tosh

« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2016, 11:13:41 pm »
https://youtu.be/N1dXtoDL2Yk

Flippin lovely

You can see she’s done that before.

Look at the muscles on her, what a pair!

Shrek

« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2016, 04:51:39 am »
https://youtu.be/N1dXtoDL2Yk

Flippin lovely

Nice idea .... if only gutters were filled with just nice soft leaves that flutter down to the ground.
Get her to do it now with gutters that are filled with mud and other cr@p and watch her face as her house is covered in it 😂😂🤣🤣