ScrimShady

Help With Flats
« on: May 30, 2006, 05:19:06 pm »
I was out cleaning with Wfp (the first time i have used it) today and i was doing a new customer which live in a first floor flat and the lady from downstairs came out and moaned that she already has a window cleaner and didnt like that fact that there was water running down the windows, i explained to her that it wont harm the windows but still wasnt impressed.
Does anyone else get this if so how do you deal with the moaning neighbour?
Cheers
ScrimShady

www.mrgutters.co.uk

Re: Help With Flats
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 06:08:43 pm »
hi mate

i had the same problem i lost the customer because the old dear went to the property manager and had a right go .. and was a good earner !1

shawn ::)
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 06:15:35 pm »
i got a few like this, so this is how i deal with it

if they are polite with me i explaine to them about wfp and if the want me to i then blade off the glass that has been affected (and only the affected glass not all glass)
you will find by doing this you will win them around

however on the other hand i've had 1 women coming out and virtually scream abuse at me for getting her windows wet and demanded that i now clean her windows free of charge, of course it goes without saying that i told her where to go in my usual polite terms
it ended up with her calling me a w***er
to which i replied "what i do in my leisure time is my business"

now if she had been just a tadd more nice to me i would have bladed them for her but now she's got no chance!

jay
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

JohnL

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 07:02:50 pm »
Interesting,  I saw a WFP system in operation on a first floor flat over a block of shop windows.  Needless to say the shop windows were drenched, and the boys just drove off when they had finished. 

???

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 07:14:13 pm »
I've a few like this. I'm afraid - the big softy I am - I get my ladders off and clean them traditionally!

I'd love to drop these jobs, but the customers are so nice and I do all around them anyway, (moan whinge etc).

The bottom line is, I haven't the 'gonads' to clean a 1st floor flat with a WFP when I don't clean the ground floor flat beneath it.

Am I being too soft!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 07:19:13 pm »
I was out cleaning with Wfp (the first time i have used it) today and i was doing a new customer which live in a first floor flat and the lady from downstairs came out and moaned that she already has a window cleaner and didnt like that fact that there was water running down the windows, i explained to her that it wont harm the windows but still wasnt impressed.
Does anyone else get this if so how do you deal with the moaning neighbour?
Cheers
ScrimShady

Concerning flats, I do the ground floor only or I try to get the contract for the whole block (never succeeded yet).  It's one or the other.

abacus

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 08:18:12 pm »
I have had the problem and have delt wuith it this way

1 if the windows below are dirty I point out that the water will do no more than if it rains so I ask why they expect me to clean it for nothing I then explain that if they wish I will clean it at a price less than the flat above as I am already there.

2 if they do look clean I aske them to help solve the problem explain about health and safety and ask if they realy want me to tell thier nabour above that he is unable to have his windows cleaned because they object.
I say when I call and ask if they could get thier window cleaner to call after that time or just see if it really effects the windows at all otherwise I will clean them again at a price less than the flat above.

I started in a block with just two I now have 12 half the block and 4 from the bglock next door

I was so helpful one lady told me and the other wc so misrable.

just be but firm and ask them to solve the problem but dont let them lose you busines I also now clean the comunial windows for the manageing agent

regards grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 09:45:27 pm »
I have a flat to clean tomorrow but I'll be doing it traditional so Tosh your not the only one, the customer is always in and I think he may be a recluse, He insists on paying me from the 1st floor window if he is asleep I'm supposed to open the sash window and take my money from a table under the sill, try that with a pole  ;D ;D ;D     
Sussex by the sea

brett walker

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 10:22:45 pm »
I have done a couple of flats last month 1st cleans, i am expecting them underneath to complain at sometime i think it may be easier to just take the ladder off to save all the hassel of explaining to them as they will probably want it done for free ::)

Brett

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 11:20:31 pm »
Try and pick as many up as poss if it is above another and they allready have a cleaner then you will make their windows dirty because of the dirty water your washing down from above.....not worth getting your ladder out for one...

Archy136

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 08:57:04 pm »
I do a first floor office. The first time the office below phoned the head office and complained. The second time he came out and complained directly. Next time I've decided to go at 6 in the morning to avoid the problem. Sorry thats not much help for you as you'll make even worse if you turn up at domestic at 6 in the morning :)

cybersye

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 10:18:18 pm »
I've a few like this too, usually the basement flat that complains, often no one is in but as grafters says if they don't get aggro with me i normally offer to blade any mess I've made, only takes a minute or so anyhow ;)