herbiefatboy

leisure batteries
« on: May 25, 2006, 07:06:56 pm »
do leisure batteries only last a certain time only mine seems to need charging every other day when it  was lasting four days before it needed charging any help would be great thanks p.s i do use battery every day

Re: leisure batteries
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 07:27:09 pm »
Yes they do last a certain time.

It's far better to top them up every day than to run them well down before charging.

If you take 2 identical deep cycle leisure batteries and run one down to 50% discharged and the other to 80% discharged the 50% discharged one will last approx 3 times as long as the 80% discharged one.

Got this info from a leisure battery manufacturers tech dept.

Cheers

Andrew

matt

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 08:22:46 pm »
Yes they do last a certain time.

It's far better to top them up every day than to run them well down before charging.

If you take 2 identical deep cycle leisure batteries and run one down to 50% discharged and the other to 80% discharged the 50% discharged one will last approx 3 times as long as the 80% discharged one.

Got this info from a leisure battery manufacturers tech dept.

Cheers

Andrew

thats a interesting post andrew, i knew they lasted longer when not hammering them, didnt realise it was that much of a difference, think i will be putting TWO in my van

Malcal

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 11:33:32 pm »
Just put mine on charge

ScrimShady

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 07:39:36 pm »
i have wired a split charge module that i bought from maplins for £8
never have to charge it again as it charges from the van alternator.

drew86

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 07:45:50 pm »
is it an easy job and do you need to do long journeys to get enough charge
It was this big.

carl_foster

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 11:23:38 pm »
what you need is a charge unit that will top it up from the battrie in the frount of the van and then it sends the charge to the back battrie they are about 12 pound from most car shops