dai

Re: DIY wfp Trolley Pics
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2006, 10:46:52 pm »
If your happy with just a 20 ltr trolley,buy a surflow backpack and stick it on a shopping trolley. Dai

craig b

« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2006, 01:05:09 pm »
what do all use D.I.Y experts think of this wee trolley www.supaturf.com just missed out on one at the auction for 50 quid didnt get a bidding card in time but if ther our any use will be keeping an eye out for one again. its a kombi spray boom.

DJCcleaning

« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2006, 09:40:00 pm »
Ive been planning on building a DIY wfp trolley for a while now, Does anyone know what size of water tank I should be able to fit onto this trolley.

Any help would be much appriciated!

Cheers
Dave :)

windolene

« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2006, 07:56:25 am »
Hi,

Dave, a chap local to me uses one of these, he puts his back pack in the basket together  with his sandwiches  & has added a trailer on the back to carry his water. I heard on the grape vine that he was thinking of fitting indicators to it.

Kevin WINDOLENE.

craig b

« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2006, 05:04:15 pm »
nice one...lol  could come in handy in later years

DJCcleaning

« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2006, 02:59:18 pm »
LOL ;D

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2006, 12:49:29 am »
Heres My atempt?
What you can do with a bunch of Bungees!!!
Not Perfect - But Honest

QED

« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2006, 09:40:53 am »
Here is mine. Ive been using it for a year now and its excelent.

jouk45

« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2006, 10:57:30 am »
QED, do you uses the backpack for all your work or just hard to get to windows.and how many times do you have to refill in an average days work jouk45.

QED

« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2006, 11:18:55 am »
Hi i clean all of my windows tops and bottoms. I can clean up to about 14 houses on 1 charge then the battery starts to die down but buy then ive had enough anyway. and use about 125 litres of water. The pipe i use is only 6mm so i try to minimize the amount of water i use. I am thinking of puting a solor panel on the front of the back-pack to trickle charge it as im working.

jouk45

« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2006, 11:44:27 am »
yes the trickle solar panel from maplines is only £9.99. would help charge the battery during lunch break.at the moment i am developing to new types of backpack sprayers thats not been done before, so keep your eyes on the  www.d.co.uk as i will be puting up pics in a few weeks time how they are done. when i have completed and tested them. .thanks jouk45

QED

« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2006, 11:50:34 am »
It says the account has been suspended on  www.d.co.uk

jouk45

« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2006, 12:19:59 pm »
matt, may have it back on monday. must be a prob of some kind

jouk45

« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2006, 06:02:43 pm »

here is another backpack,  this idea i have invented myself.  its all about cutting down as much weight as possible,and still achieve the same results and pressure as the battery backpacks  that can cost you anything from£250 up to £300  this system am going to show you will cost from £40 up to £60

COMBINED HAND PUMP AND AIR COMPRESSED BACKPACK,
THE DIFERENCE IS THE BATTERY IS CONTAINED ON THE TROLLEY,AND NO PUMP SO THERE WILL BE A LOT LESS WEIGHT.
HERES IS A PICTURE OF IT.    AS YOU CAN SEE MOST JUMPSTARTS HAVE TYRE COMPRESSORS AS STANDARD NOW.

see the system here

THESE ARE THE TWO SIMPLE PARTS YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS BACKBACK.
THIS IS A STANDARD TUBELESS TYRE VALVE, THATS AVAILABLE AT ANY TYRE FITTING CENTRE. THEY CHARGE ABOUT 25PENCE EACH OR MOST JUST GIVE IT TO YOU FOR NOTHING.YOU ONLY NEED ONE BUT GET 2 JUST IN CASE.

the next part you need is a pressure release valveIF NOT ALREADY FITTED
PRICE RANGE FROM £8.00 UP TO £15

JOUK45,

matt

« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2006, 08:32:28 pm »
matt, may have it back on monday. must be a prob of some kind

yes, its back now, was last monday

i just forgot to pay the bill  ::) ::)

davidbarlow

« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2006, 06:23:35 pm »
Hi All I am new to this but I have been thinking of something similar ever since the new Working At Height Regs were announced but never got very fare so this is brilliant. I See the trolleys some have filters on and others do not. Do you have to have a filter station at home and what does it cost to set up. Dave

jouk45

« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2006, 11:20:08 am »
now heres another ad on to the system. if your not a diy man heres a ready made system.  phone the chap there,said it was very easy to convert to waterfed tank and it inludes the price. this tank will give you real power of 120psi here it is to view,cost all in with fittings incuding connectors about £55. grab a bargain , more powerfull than a backpack, and very light. just sit it on a trolley, power it with a jumpstart with built in compressor or buy an rac automatic from maplins,jouk45

automatic shut of  £13.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=46832&TabID=1&C=SEO&U=SEOsearchPages&doy=search

Stainless Steel Cornelious Kegs  19 LITRES   
These are the ultimate in home use pressure barrels, the take up to 130psi 20 times the strength of a plastic keg,

link here  http://www.hamstead-brewing-centre.co.uk/itm00556.htm

this is a professional system that will cost about £650 exc vat
the one am showing you will cost about £120 and you get the same performance.
    JOUK45

vivaro 013

« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2006, 10:48:49 pm »
Were will the filters be mounted on your DIY systems

jouk45

« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2006, 12:03:51 am »
Were will the filters be mounted on your DIY systems
most folk filter there water in their garage and then store it in larg water containers, its then transfered to 25litre containers or tank in a van. you can take a di vessel anywhere,just connect to a tap and you have got instant water, not recomened for hard water,

leander

« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2006, 10:05:41 pm »
Hi All,  Have been window cleaning for about six years and I'm thinking about converting to wfp. I don't want a van mounted system as I'm only a small operation (me and missus) The trolley systems look ideal. Can anyone give me a list of components that I need or tell me where to find them