debbiesmith

Caravan cleaning
« on: March 25, 2010, 04:30:02 pm »
Hi All

Does anyone here clean on caravan parks through the holiday season, if so what do you charge? This is for a number of vans on behalf of the park rather than one off private ones.

Thanks

Debbie

lizj

Re: Caravan cleaning
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 04:55:46 pm »
I did one privately_I know thats not what your asking! I just cleaned no bed change. I charge £40.00 but it was a very hard clean!!

james44

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 10:02:04 pm »
hi debbie maybe this will help you a bit,

Was talking to a cleaner today and she is starting for a company on monday she will be getting payed £4 per van and has to do 10 a day to earn £40 and i think that is over 8 hrs

Jonny jones

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 10:14:46 am »
Hi debs
we do a carvan cleaning service for a well known caravan park company, we charge £ 10 per van and pay our cleaners £ 6 per hr, this is just a clean, I've got very good cleaners and they can do a van in three quarters of an hour, so basically they do 3 vans in 2 hrs aprox
hope this helps, don't go less than £10 per van regardless of how may they offer you,   
And don't take too much on try to keep to taking on 4 people so I would take only 20 vans, and also try to give your staff a check list to start with,

vision tech

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 07:48:04 pm »
What about the outside , does anyone wash caravans?
I started out with nothing......I still have most of it.

ArchieHughes

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 11:47:27 am »

I would be interested to know if anyone cleans just the outside also as you would can clean the entire so what would you charge really, I have a couple of over 50's parks around by me so maybe this might be an area to get into but not sure what to charge really.

jamescsp

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 09:58:55 am »
we provide these services but we are a cleaning company dublin, so not sure where you want these services??
Cleanscape
Office Cleaning

vision tech

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 12:09:12 am »
we provide these services but we are a cleaning company dublin, so not sure where you want these services??

Sorry i dont understand your question, what i wanted to know is ,does anyone wash the outside off caravans and if so how much do you charge per caravan?
I started out with nothing......I still have most of it.

Steve peel

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 03:14:36 pm »

I would be interested to know if anyone cleans just the outside also as you would can clean the entire so what would you charge really, I have a couple of over 50's parks around by me so maybe this might be an area to get into but not sure what to charge really.

It all depends on how dirty it is, firstly do not use a pressure washer 1, it can cause leaks 2, it is too messy. the best method is use a water fed pole soft brush eg 12ft multi pole or equiv, for general outside cleaning pure water should be sufficient hot or cold, if the caravan is soiled a medium Traffic film remover is okay to use firsty spray caravan with the TFR low pressure from the bottom up by the time you get round it all you then rinse with pure water from the top down over this will give you the best result.
If you are cleaning caravans near a wooded area the chances are they will have green algae growth this is a problem area and needs to be treated with care, there are many chemiclas on the market which will kill algae but will probably kill other things as well, so if you have this problem then the best way to clean and remove the algae is to use a trolley system filled with a solution of Algae remover and again spray from the bottom upwards and leave it to do its job for about 15 mins or so then use a WFP (soft) or a vikan car brush attached to a WFP and wash from the top down over for best results.
If the caravans are close in these wooded parks the chances are all vans are covered with some growth so you can get all the business.

We charge for an outside clean £20 to £35 standard wash depending on size of van.
Algae removal and treatment    from £45 to £75.00   contract price for site owner vans £45 to £65.00
The best and safest algae remover we use is, Swift & Sure algae remover for caravans, cladding cleaning, and on intitial cleans windows/frames, conservatories and all plastics and if you are into ground maintenace it great on decking, fencing, stone and brickwork, garden furniture etc and is safe for humans ,animals and plantlife.

outdoor restore

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 07:07:12 pm »
Where can I buy swift and sure? have googled it but no stockists or info.

Many thanks

Steve peel

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 02:12:07 pm »
Where can I buy swift and sure? have googled it but no stockists or info.

Many thanks
Hi,
give me a call 07771523669 its from gmx europe but its not on their website yet as its being updated

tony atkinson

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 09:44:08 pm »
£55 pound per static caravan all you need is fairy luqid in hot water use a soft brush head to scrub algi and other crap of then rinse with system no presure needed at all

if just cleaning windows on caravan £3 per static caravan

Kenny83

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2011, 07:32:01 pm »
These prices people are listing, does that include the roof of the van?
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

Steve peel

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2011, 11:43:58 pm »
These prices people are listing, does that include the roof of the van?
Kenny
Sorry being away for a while, no the prices I have quoted do not include static caravan roofs that is extra.

Tony,
I agree no pressure required, but fairy liquid will not kill the algae spores, we offer a basic clean and algae treatrment service with a guarantee

chores hygiene management ltd

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2011, 04:18:32 pm »
dont forget most caravan park owners will want a nibble before they let you on, 
Chores Hygiene Management Ltd
Cleaners Lincoln • Pest Control Lincoln • Window Cleaners Lincoln
T. 0800 4488 353
F. 01522 542 775
E. info@choreshygiene.com
W. www.choreshygiene.com

alisonh21

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 05:13:10 pm »
hi

i do caravan cleaning and i only charge £10 for outside wash no matter what state they are in but i have been lucky so far and they have all been not to bad, thats for sale vans i would charge a bit more for private customers as i may not get as many to do in one day, i use a pressure washer but having read these other posts does not using one get them just as clean

alison

M W.

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 05:05:56 pm »
hya being contracted to 4 caravan parks for 3years now, allways use a hot pressure washer.
gutters/brush scrub whole van then windows £25 tops, peanuts really  :(

Steve peel

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 03:49:37 pm »
each to their own but i cannot afford to work for peanuts all oue work is guaranteed

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2012, 01:05:57 am »
Hi There

Tadgh here we supply many companies who clean caravans with our Bio-kleen non-caustic,non-corrosive,non-toxic, safe to use cleaning solution will not cause any detrimental damage to surfaces, never use TFR to clean caravans as they are to caustic/corrosive and will damage the paint work. if the surfaces are very soiled and the paintwork is dull we have a polish/wax that we bring in from California called TopWax this will revive the painwork and remove any ingrained soils. We also also carry a product called Beyond-kleen which is based on Nano technology, Just spray it on to a damp terry microfiber cleaning cloth and apply it in circular motion to the surface then buff it off with a second terry microfiber cleaning cloth used dry to achieve amazing results as it will clean,shine,and protect all surfaces on the caravan.
If you need any help or advice on cleaning caravans contact info@jskcleaning.ie

Kind regards

Tadgh

Smurf

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2012, 09:40:37 pm »
So what would you recommend to clean & kill algae on rendered finish park homes?

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2012, 12:42:53 am »
Hi

moss and algae remover from wilton technology.ie
they bring this in from a company in Holland great product
contact them and ask to speak with Martin Johnson
he is an expert on cleaning moss and algae.

Regards

Tadgh