derek leeds

BREAK EVEN FIGURE ON STAFF
« on: September 02, 2009, 06:48:00 pm »
Hi i am in the process of setting up a contract cleaning company and would like any help on the following 1/ if i pay staff at £6.00pr hr what would be my break even figure taking into account insurance,holiday pay ni contributions etc etc  :-\
this is another fine mess ive got myself into

dianegreenwood

Re: BREAK EVEN FIGURE ON STAFF
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 09:19:53 am »
Hi Derek

Please let everyone know where you are from on your profile and you might get more replies.

Cheers

Diane

derek leeds

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 04:16:58 pm »
sorry,,,,,,,,, me from leeds , yorkshire.  just need to work out costs for business plan. Also help/ guidance on insurance cost would be helpful

martin19842

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 05:58:05 pm »
hi there

break even costs on staff, is a very difficult number to calculate, from a zero start.

your break even figure will reduce as client base increases.

your insurance costs will be dependant upon the type of customer you are going for, and the turnover level of yout business.

regards

martin

derek leeds

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 08:47:29 pm »
thanks martin. the insurance bit worries me a bit as dont want to be ripped of . at present we have five staff but could grow to 15 within two month "with a bit of good quoting"

martin19842

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 12:05:07 pm »
hi there

business insurance, is calculated on a declaration of proposed facts for the next 12 months, ie turnover, wages etc, at the end of the 12 months at the renewal, you declare th eprevious 12 month figures and then estimate the next 12 months, your renewal premium for year 2 is based on the first year review and the second year estimate figures.

regards

martin