NICKCLEAN

caravan cleaning interiors only
« on: January 11, 2008, 01:32:15 pm »
A holiday park has asked us to clean approx 100 caravans per week, on Fridays, Saturdays and Mondays. There are two types of caravans, a gold clean and a regular clean. I know someone who actually did caravan cleaning for a company and received £9 and £6 respectively per van. Has anyone any ideas what we should charge as contractors per van. We thought £15 and £12 respectively but don't want to come in at a loss. Anyone with passed experiences would be great.

Joe H

Re: caravan cleaning interiors only
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 02:50:39 pm »
My family like to have caravan holidays but the number of times we have had to give it a good clean on arrival, and I dont doubt it had been cleaned in readiness for us. Grease around the kitchen, even knives and forks sticky feel. Got to the point we took our own compact vac cleaner with us and a steam pad (Home-Tek do a great one for £50 and a better one for £60 [just seen that one on TV shop channel this weekend]).
Have watched caravans as cleaners come and go. One it took 2 people 22 minutes each but that looked like bedding change as well.
On that basis your £15/£12 maybe about OK(ish).

cloverclean

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 08:10:55 pm »
I Cleaned Caravans last year and charged £12.00 but if I have to do it this year I would charge £18.00,  because you will have to pay Holiday Pay Tax etc

britishclean

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 01:41:03 pm »
We did a 36 x 12 two bed a couple of weeks ago.
Complete deep clean: Carpets, curtains, walls, ceilings and all fixtures and fittings (but not furniture)
It took 2 cleaners about 3 and a half hours and we charged £150
That's about £21 per hour, per cleaner, but for a standard general clean that might only take an hour or so, we would charge slightly more - about £50 - to make it worth the effort of sending two cleaners.

Helen

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 11:59:04 am »
we have a sited van, which we sub to the holiday park and in their package they provide a cleaning service, general or deep.
If we want a general clean after our private rentals they will charge us £25.00 inc vat per clean. That covers dusting, vacuuming, all cutlery and crockery if necessary, bathroom, kitchen, door frames etc etc. and they contract it out to a local company. Obviously they can keep the prices at this level due to volumn of work.
If we want a deep clean we do it ourselves whilst we are there! ;D

Ian Rochester

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 01:18:45 pm »
Standard Clean £25 + vat
Deep Cleans from £80 + vat

Helen

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 02:55:47 pm »
Personally I think £25 is about right for a standard/general clean. a 36 x 12 -  3 bed van should only take 1 person 1.5 hours tops, unless it has been trashed by occupants. It will be swings and roundabouts too, some people will clean it to perfection before they leave and some will just do the minimum.
For volumn work per week i would think an average of somewhere around £18.00 per 3 bed and £15.00 per 2 bed. Get the right staff and get your scheduling right and it could be lucrative  ;D
Whereabouts is the site?

DK

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 06:52:29 pm »
last year we done caravan cleanin on a haven park, we were charging them £250 per van and £25.00 per van for a exterior wash, I gave it up as all the caravans are disgusting inside and the job became a nitemare, not getting keys, phoning me on a sat night at 7pm wanting them done etc etc, never again

DRK

Helen

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 03:39:23 pm »
I am actually gobsmacked.....have spoken to the contractors who clean the vans where ours are sited and they charge..... £9.00 per caravan, no matter what size. ( so they are relying on volume work!)  This is general cleans, eg hoover, dust/polish, bathroom, kitchen and checking windows etc are closed.  They pay staff minimum, but I still can't see the profit in those prices are worth the hassle of it all! This is a contract price for Parkdean though and private owners cannot get it, in fact the contractor would not take on private owned vans ??? Surely that is where they could make a bit more profit to top up on their contract work? It's not as if they get the shower blocks etc as Parkdean have their own staff to do them. Ground maintenance is done by another company too!

NICKCLEAN

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 11:57:25 am »
we was offered the contract at £10.50 per van and they wanted cleaners on site from 8.30 til 6.00.
The problem with this was the vans were not vacated til 10 and the cleans had to be finished by 4 ready for the new intakes so we would of had to still pay staff for waiting til 6.00 .
this was a haven site and i canot see how any legitamat cleaning company can afford to employ staff and make a profit from these margins
we did not take the contract .
 thanks for all your replies.

Joe H

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 07:25:45 am »
Couple years ago on a very large site I timed from arrival to finish 2 persons doing a general clean on a holiday let afer vacating/before new arrivals.
It took 20 mins for 2 people - thats 40 min for 1 ie 1.5 vans per hour per hour.

Work out how much you want per hour to run the business and charge accordingly.

If the contractor is not paying that then you have to decide how desparate you are for some turnover.

JWCservices

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 02:45:52 pm »
Hi im doing interior and exterior cleaning of caravans

and i charge min £20 for a quick clean
£35 for next one and £60 for a deep clean

i do an external clean starting at £15

hope this helps

but my prices vary on the size of the van and also what sort of condition it is in