TAP

SCHOOL QUOTATION
« on: January 15, 2014, 04:55:44 pm »
We haven't before been contacted to give a school quotation and I would be so grateful if anyone can help me with this as we at present deal with only office, town pubs and domestic.

Basically, it works out that the current company (council contractors) working hours per week are 85,
plus all janitorial supplies. They are happy with the standard of cleaning but apparently the school (special school) now has to source their own service.

I am looking at not only how much to quote, but also, the presentation of the quote!

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Ian Rochester

Re: SCHOOL QUOTATION
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 07:22:30 pm »
The schools now need to get three quotes, it's likely you have been asked to make up the numbers.......that's me being cynical!!

TAP

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 08:33:37 pm »
Cheers Ian

I really appreciate your positive reply ???

Griffus

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 09:56:11 pm »
Cheers Ian

I really appreciate your positive reply ???

He's right though  :o

Ian Rochester

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 08:25:10 am »
TAP, we get calls like this all the time, most of the time they are just wanting to get the paperwork to prove they have looked elsewhere.  It can be a pain on your part as contracts like this take time to investigate and price up.

Saying that, we've just picked up a contract which I thought was going to be like this for window cleaning...they now want us to do two other buildings for them and the daily cleaning of their offices.

Me being cynical just means I'm less disappointed when we don't win it  >:(

TAP

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 01:45:06 pm »
Thanks Ian
I see where you are coming from.

I think I might just not bother! Loads on as it is :-\

martin19842

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 08:09:44 pm »
hi there

there will also be a TUPE issue, so the only winner is the client.

staff TUPE on same terms, client wishes to make savings therefore the only obvious place to cut, is the profit margin.

rgds

martin