dazmond

BOAB strap.......
« on: July 06, 2018, 03:25:55 pm »
i have 2 BOABs that have worn away on the strap thats fixes to your belt(where the rivet is for turning upside down to empty it).....

any way to fix this?it seems a shame to bin em as the actual BOABs are ok.....its just the worn out straps..

cheers in advance guys
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

Re: BOAB strap.......
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 03:59:13 pm »
You can buy spare straps - think I got mine from the window clean centre ( was a long time ago ) then just fire in a new pop rivet or nut/bolt m
Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 05:00:14 pm »
You can buy spare straps - think I got mine from the window clean centre ( was a long time ago ) then just fire in a new pop rivet or nut/bolt m
Darran

i ended up buying a new blue pulex BOAB from wintecs for £14 including VAT and delivery.i couldnt find the straps for sale anywhere.i might try and see if i can do something with the old ones one weekend.

my trad work is virtually non existent these days apart from the odd commercial job and a few windows here and there..... the BOAB is still essential for some work....

elite mike

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 09:06:29 am »
if you got a spare leather belt Daz , just cut a bit to fit, pop rivet or nut n bolt.

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 11:47:27 am »

[/quote]

.i might try and see if i can do something with the old ones one weekend.

[/quote]
I'm suprised you are even considering faffing about like that !  :D

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 12:15:32 pm »

.i might try and see if i can do something with the old ones one weekend.

[/quote]
I'm suprised you are even considering faffing about like that !  :D
[/quote]

it was a half hearted attempt at not buying any more trad gear.... ;D.....i failed as ive binned one BOAB and will bin the other when my new one arrives..... ;D

Edge Clean

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2018, 01:35:19 pm »
Attach them to a panel in your van then you have a handy space to store extra pads n squeegees.

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2018, 03:11:57 pm »
Attach them to a panel in your van then you have a handy space to store extra pads n squeegees.

Good idea

I only use one squeegee/T mop though.i have a storage slot on my back van door for one BOAB.....

Cheers

bobplum

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2018, 06:58:37 pm »
about trying out the new gunslinger BOAB, only £144 i think, mind it does come in bespoke colours and size

callum99

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2018, 08:23:11 pm »
Use a coupe of thick cable ties, one through each rivet, cut to length then put belt through loop, job done