lee_dewing

wfp (waterfall)
« on: May 26, 2006, 12:46:10 pm »
hi, looking to changeover to wfp in the not to distant future,
  all my work is domestic the one thing that is troubling me is, when I went on ionics wfp course (very worthwile) I was concerned about the amount of water running off windows and frames down walls.
  Anyone had complaints from customers about this?
advice greatly received.
  I plan to do a letter before to all customers explaining new way of working.
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

JM123

Re: wfp (waterfall)
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 01:51:25 pm »
Never had a complaint of that nature yet - don't think a bit of water troubles most people.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Morph

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 02:14:49 pm »
Yes I had a couple to start with.  One has gone back to the old method because he noticed that the pure water running off the window was changing the colour of his brickwork!  He was right, it was washing the weathering clean.  That is the only one with that effect.  I must admit I thought there would be more.  One other didn't like the amount of water left all over the place, I told him if he wasn't happy I'd go back to the old way, but now the warmer weather is coming it dries up quicker so he doesn't mind.
After explaining wfp, I gave all domestic clients a trial period, if they didn't like it I would go back to the old way, on one condition...they couldn't change back again.  Because it takes a couple of cleans to sort the windows for wfp and I'm not prepared to keep doing that.  So that helped persuade some.
Results so far?  One customer back to old way, the rest either happy or not bothered, whatever I think is best.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 02:28:57 pm »
I have never had trouble with the amount of water , the more the better in my eyes.

When you was at the BWCA course (not Ionics they are 2 seperate entities) you would have seen more water about than you normally get when cleaning an house.
You saw more water because there are about 12 students all cleaning the same window time after time, so it is not long before you are knee deep.

Dave

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 02:34:43 pm »

Hi Lee

I to am changing over in the near future,  but what I have been doing, is actually prepairing my customers now,  each one I visit, I take the time out to explain to them about the system, and thats is europe's hse forcing this upon us, this usually gets a good reaction, especially when you tell the older one's, so far out of nearly 300 customers, I have had excellent feedback from the customer, my round is taking a little longer than normal, but I think well worth it,

in affect is what I am doing is softening them up, rather than just turn up with a letter, and a wfp system, Tell them in advance ,and I bet you get good feed back,also explain about the health and safty issuse's

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 02:35:10 pm »
I have never had trouble with the amount of water , the more the better in my eyes.

When you was at the BWCA course (not Ionics they are 2 seperate entities) you would have seen more water about than you normally get when cleaning an house.
You saw more water because there are about 12 students all cleaning the same window time after time, so it is not long before you are knee deep.

Dave

When I went to that course David, the pane they had set up had guttering underneath it to catch all the water. This then recirculated back round into their tank.  How I wish real life was like that sometimes. :)
Glad to see you're still posting on this forum.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 02:38:17 pm »
Yes I had a couple to start with.  One has gone back to the old method because he noticed that the pure water running off the window was changing the colour of his brickwork!  He was right, it was washing the weathering clean.  That is the only one with that effect.  I must admit I thought there would be more.  One other didn't like the amount of water left all over the place, I told him if he wasn't happy I'd go back to the old way, but now the warmer weather is coming it dries up quicker so he doesn't mind.
After explaining wfp, I gave all domestic clients a trial period, if they didn't like it I would go back to the old way, on one condition...they couldn't change back again.  Because it takes a couple of cleans to sort the windows for wfp and I'm not prepared to keep doing that.  So that helped persuade some.
Results so far?  One customer back to old way, the rest either happy or not bothered, whatever I think is best.

The two that tried to force me back to the old way were well and truly
dumped

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 02:48:29 pm »
Shiner

thanks for your kind words.

When i went on the course we practiced on outside windows which had no guttering underneath.

How long ago did you go on the course, i went about a year ago i think ?

Dave

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 02:48:53 pm »
Hi i've been using poles the last year now. first couple of months were hard. but its worth it. I did not give any option but poles as don't want work on ladders the result i lost a few though i by far gained more work than i lost not really had a great deal of problems as regards the amount of water i leave and if their was a problem i would do my best to sort it if i wanted to keep the customer otherwise i let them go as they were not worth the hassle better off without them you may find that if you give the option to do them traditional you end up with more traditional than by pole! Its up to you. ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 03:50:21 pm »
Shiner

thanks for your kind words.

When i went on the course we practiced on outside windows which had no guttering underneath.

How long ago did you go on the course, i went about a year ago i think ?

Dave

I did the course only a few months ago in Decmber 2005.  We did have a bit of outdoor practice too but most of it was on the pane with guttering attached.  The course was helpful but I feel that there should have been more practical and more discussion about the various difficulties that can be encountered.  However, in fairness, there would have been too much material to cover in one day.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006, 05:12:26 pm »
Shiner

I agree about the amount of time given to the practical aspect of the course.
It took me about 6 months to find out what the real trouble spot was with wfp.
If that could of been highlighted on the day then the course would of been absolutely fantastic instead of just very good.

Like i said in another post the real problem area is the dirt that accumulates in the horizontal gap above an opening window.

I know it is highlighted on the course about the top of the frame being a problem but it did not explain exactly where that dirt was.

Dave

batterbee

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006, 06:50:45 pm »

Hi Lee

I to am changing over in the near future,  but what I have been doing, is actually prepairing my customers now,  each one I visit, I take the time out to explain to them about the system, and thats is europe's hse forcing this upon us, this usually gets a good reaction, especially when you tell the older one's, so far out of nearly 300 customers, I have had excellent feedback from the customer, my round is taking a little longer than normal, but I think well worth it,

in affect is what I am doing is softening them up, rather than just turn up with a letter, and a wfp system, Tell them in advance ,and I bet you get good feed back,also explain about the health and safty issuse's

That's exactually how i did it and have had no real problems.

I have been using wfp for 7 months and have lost just 3 customers, 2 were new customers i got the month before and just wouldn't let me try it and the third i lost last month which is actually quite funny as I'd been cleaning his windows  from the start but as he's always at work his neighbor always pays, but on this occasion he was home, he wouldn't believe I'd been cleaning his windows for the last 6 months with wfp but i must had used a ladder because the windows were to clean to of used just water and a brush :o, mind you he did say i could continue if i went back using a ladder...err NO.

John
JB CLEANING SERVICES, NORWICH, NORFOLK.

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2006, 07:24:24 pm »
I've had a customer last week catch me doing her windows for the first time with a WFP.

I did tell her that I've done them this way since September last year.

I've only lost two customers because of WFP and had one, maybe two potential customers decline.

There's probably more WFP users in the South East Wales/Chepstow region than anywhere else in the country, so I'm finding that new customers already have the gist of how it all works.

matt

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2006, 09:14:05 pm »

When you was at the BWCA course (not Ionics they are 2 seperate entities)

is this true, as i thought they were all the same thing

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006, 09:37:17 pm »
Matt

Same owner but 2 totally different legal entities.

Dave

Paul Coleman

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2006, 10:48:37 pm »
Matt

Same owner but 2 totally different legal entities.

Dave

In fairness to them, when I went on the course, I didn't feel that they oversold Ionics equipment.  There were a few possible subliminals but I felt it was within acceptable standards - and I was looking for it too.  :)

lee_dewing

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2006, 10:46:15 am »
 :) thans a lot for your input guys .

Lee
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle