easy clean

help needed
« on: May 25, 2006, 08:18:31 pm »
hi all,
this is my first post on the forum and i'm looking for some opinions please. i currently run a van system with my water fed pole, it started life as a trolley system and now lends itself to the 650 litre tank in the van if that makes sense. basically the trolley is still in tact but instead of the hose drawing water from a 25 litre container it is fed by the tank. i'm looking at taking someone else on to work with me but need a system for him to use, what i want to gather is do i buy another pump and battery and mount it in the van or do i buy a back pack and send him out to houses down the road? how heavey is the back pack and whats it like to work with?

all your replies will be appreciated and if there is an obvious solution to this then please feel free to tell me.
many thanks

jon

matt

Re: help needed
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 08:27:30 pm »
this is 1 of those "how long is a piece of string questions"

every1 will have a opinion

persoanlly, i would buy a pump and a battery for the van

but thats because i love my trolley system, i am sure some1 who has a backpack will say to go with the backpack option

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 08:42:33 pm »
Backpac on a trolley(preferably 3 or 4 wheels.. If you can also put a hose reel on the trolley so that its seperate to the backpack so much the better.

JM123

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 12:22:10 am »
I'd go the 4 wheels route (back of the van), seriously you'll reach anywhere with 100m hose.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Trevor Knight

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 04:17:55 pm »
I'd go the 4 wheels route (back of the van), seriously you'll reach anywhere with 100m hose.

Totally agree, have 2 x 50m side door hoses and 1 x 100m back door, have yet to find a house I cannot get to. I must admit I don't clean terraced houses, only semi's, two reasons, lots of hose and most terraced houses are 2 up/2 down and not enough money in it for the windows? (Personal opinion only)

regards, Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

JM123

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 06:27:31 pm »
usually I don't touch the terraced house either but if you can get a block of 8 or 10 and get every one of them then they can be really good for the money - I clean 3 blocks of 8, charging £5 a house, takes me about 2 to 2.5hrs for the lot, not bad for £120.

Ballymena N.I

Trevor Knight

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 06:37:43 pm »
Nice one, its something i have never looked into because if I don't get them all its a pain in the a**e.

Fair play though, you have a good earner there.

Cool  ;) ;) ;) ;)

JM123

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 06:59:04 pm »
I done a trade with the other wc, I had got most of them so I offered him some of my stuff near where he worked and traded them for the restof his stuff at the terraced houses.  With saying that they're more townhouse as opposed to terraced.

Ballymena N.I

Trevor Knight

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 08:15:12 am »
Nice one, its good to hear window cleaners working together and communicating rather than the "them or us" mind set.

regards, Trev

DASERVICES

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 10:59:40 am »

Easyclean,

I am in the same situation, my trolley system connected to my tank. I now
  run two hoses from my tolley system so I would do the same. No need to
  buy another pump.

Doug

neil100

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2006, 12:56:27 pm »
Welcome to the forum Jon,

I have an 800ltr tank and two of us work from it. 

I have 2 x 100 mtr M/bore hoses fixed to the rear with two 60psi flowjet pumps, One for each hose.

I also have a backpack which I use when it is more efficent to use an hose reel.

I never get a problem with getting the hoses crossing over, though it takes time to get the effeciency right for two people from one van on domestic work.

Nel.