vivaro 013

building my own wfp systems
« on: May 25, 2006, 07:27:09 pm »
as i keep gather info on building a wfp systems , ive now been informed i live in a area were the water is hard , it seems i would need a d/i systtems and a r/o systems how much can i expect to pay for a quality filtering system

Re: building my own wfp systems
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 07:29:11 pm »
It all depends on what your needs are for pure water.

How much per day.. do you want to be able to top-up as you go etc.

If you can give us a bit more info then we can try and help.

Cheers

Andrew

matt

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 08:21:28 pm »
answered here

http://d.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=299

i have a 50 Gall per day from RO MAN

i use 100 - 150 L's a day, just doing upstairs with WFP

per day i work, the RO is on for the 24 hours --- thus i work 3 days, the RO is on from monday night till thursday night

i let mine run into a 210 L rain water Butt (picture on front page of DIY WFP site)

i start the week with 10 X 25L barrels Full and the 210 rainwater butt full

it works a treat and is cheap enough to replace, ive had mine near 2 years now

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 08:44:32 pm »
Same as Matt mines 10 years old.

JM123

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 09:59:57 pm »
expect to use 2 litres for every £1 you earn, so if you plan to earn £200 a day you need to produce 400ltrs per 24hrs - in my experience its always better to have far more than you need, I'd always recommend a merlin, production of anywhereup to 3000ltrs per day (somtimes more) and very simple and cost efficient to maintain (sed/carbon filter every 3 months and a backflush).  The merlin normally retails at £329.

You'll find a lot of the guys (and girls) on here use the merlin so it may be worth asking some of them for their opinion.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

matt

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 10:45:15 pm »
a 50 Gall per day unit is about 75 quid

http://www.ro-man.com/shop/product_info.php/cPath/22/products_id/90?osCsid=6ea245fa04286bba3aa35b8af165e1d5

if you need more water than a 210 L rain water butt and 10 X 25L barrels made up

then just spend a extra 25 quid on a extra rain water butt, thus  670 L's of water when you start your week :)

vivaro 013

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 10:51:33 pm »
as i am looking at building my own full system which i would fit a 400 ltrs baffled tank directly into to my van, connecting system via water tap so baffled tank can be filled overnight , as i quoted in my earlier message the area i live in is a hard water area
so ive been informed i would require a R/O and D/I filtering unit so that i can bring water reading down to zero
any help would be appriecated

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 11:20:50 pm »
If you want to fill a 400 ltr tank overnight I would suggest either a 300 GPD RO unit such as an Ro-Man one  or as suggested by JM 123 a Merlin.  The 300 GPD should fill it overnight if you have average water pressure and get your TDS down by 95 to 99%  Then you just need a small to medium DI polishing vessel to get it down to zero.

The Merlin is great if you have good water pressure and will produce water a lot faster than the 300 gpd unit but it probably wont be as efficient at getting the TDS down. You would probably use a bit more resin with the merlin but the trade-off is the fast water production.

Dont be tempted to go for anything less to save a few quid. a 200 GPD unit MIGHT..  but only might fill up the tank overnight.

Just a suggestion.. have you thought about producing your water into a static tank such as a 2nd hand 100 ltr IBC then transferring it over using a submersible pump?  It does have its advantages one of the main ones being that your van isnt tied up all night whilst filling your tank.

Hope this helps

Andrew