Morph

Moderate yourselves Moderators
« on: May 25, 2006, 03:22:13 pm »
Most of the time you guys do a good job.  I wouldn't do it.  Someone has to, because Threads do get muddled, people sometimes get irate, even offensive.
So well done for trying to keep on top of it all!

BUT.....
I have noticed a tendency...........
when a thread needs locking (for whatever reason), you add your viewpoint (no names mentioned......... Ian Giles ;)), which often muddies the waters even more, and then you lock it!
It's like slamming the door in someones face before they get a moment to defend themselves!  Hit and run!

I'm sorry, but you are abusing your power by doing that >:(, and it does irritate.
You should briefly state the reason for locking it and save your personal opinion for another clearer moment.

Just thought I'd share my wisdom with you ;)

And another thing........ ;D

Ian_Giles

Re: Moderate yourselves Moderators
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 04:10:12 pm »
PJ,
The thread was locked because it was getting arguementative, and not in a pleasant way, I'll cite your one of your own replies in that particular thread as one of the reasons.

And I did state the reason at the end of my reply.
I also highlighted the fact that the thread had gone considerably off topic.

I was also guilty of going off topic by highlighting a comparison of hourly rates for other jobs.
I could I suppose have made my post with regards hourly rates, and then made a further post explaining why I locked said post.

Having now further explained why the thread was locked I shall now lock this one!

I will also point out that  our other moderator also locked a thread after doing the same as myself....and that thread was one that was actually praising us mods :-\

So, no offence, but locked.
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES