bobby

sccisor lifts & cherry pickers
« on: May 24, 2006, 09:45:16 pm »
hi guys only started wc 2 years ago i took over my dads round after 24 years doing indutrial roofing & cladding the round is all commercial & i found my IPAF licence the other day it only runs out in 2009 & i want to put it to some use any ideas on how to canvas this
cheers bobby ???

rosskesava

Re: sccisor lifts & cherry pickers
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 09:56:37 pm »
I have a friend who owns his own cherry picker (nice peice of kit) and seems to do ok now but it took him ages to make money.

It may take a while to get going and a fair bit spent on advertising but gutters and facia cleaning of commercial properties. Especially hotels and the like who worry about appearances.

He also does tree prunning as he got his chainsaw licence and other odd jobs like high level repairs to buildings where scafolding would be either too expensive or inappropriate for the job being done and he just operates the lift while someone else does the work. A few weeks ago I saw him replacing tiles on the roof over a parade of shops. The time before that he was painting lamp posts along the seafront which he said was boring but paid well.

I remember a few years ago to start with he was forever leafleting all local business's, hotels, shops and so on. Now he seems to be doing ok.