jeff1

Attacked by St George's Flag
« on: May 24, 2006, 07:01:55 pm »
Out on my rounds today, and there starting to put them out

I to am a England fan but, if I want to put the St george's flag out to show my support, I would put it inside my window, and not draped out side over the window cill. I came across two today, and refused to do the window they were hanging from. One cutomer said it will be alright you won't damage the flag??

Wow who give's a S*** about the flag? my Health and safety is more important to me. he said to me if you can't do that one, you may as well leave the rest until next time, so I politly told him there wont be a next time, He soon changed his mind? his wife would have stabbed him if he lost her, her WC, I remember taking her on, and she was so pleased to get a WC, she hadn't had a WC for five years.

Anyway I came across my second flag, and explained to the customer about the safety aspect, she was happy for me to leave that window,
so I continued to do her windows,  I was now on the window, that was 6 inches from the flag window,  up the ladder washing away, and it was a little breezy, next thing I knew, the flag blew up from the next window, and wrapped its self around my head. panic, flutter, I really S*** myself,
I actually had to unwrap the flag from my head. I must have looked like Bin Larden ;D
I'm can laugh at myself now, but at the time it did shake me up a little. so from now on, I am going no were near these flags.

It would be my luck for it to become detached, from its fixing and fly around the house, looking for me. 

I will be galad when I eventually do change over to WFP.
Has any one else had a problem with these flags. or what are your views on them??

Johnboyfree

Re: Attacked by St George's Flag
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 08:04:22 pm »
I have 5 3ft by 6ft flags going from one bedroom to another at the front of my house,I put them up in the early hours of April 23rd...St.Georges day,my next door neighbour thought they were bieng broken into,he opened his window and said what the f+ck you doin John its 2 in the morning,I nearly fell off me ladder when he spoke to me,he said if I fall he wont help till at least 8 in the morning,I ve left them up untill after the world cups over-they might be down by the 16th of june.... ;D ;D but I will be honest I would never had thought of the poor window cleaner who has to clean them......thats me,so with a bit of luck I wont be doing mine till July 9th  8)

jeff1

Re: Attacked by St George's Flag
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 08:41:29 pm »
what on earth possesed you to put them up at that time of the morning?

I have yet to come across a customer, who does give there WC a second thought, They plant new bushes right under there windows and think   'O' dont they look beautiful, they never think that the bush is going to engulf there window, and the thought of the wc turning up with a machete just to get to the windows this is a big problem when you do villages.
They rip up there paths and put down gravel, who give's a toss if the wc's ladder slips on the gravel, and he ends up a**e first in the new bush they have just planted, hundreds of bloody plant pots, out side the patio window, so we have to learn hop scotch just to get there.
Hey I feel another new thread coming on. had my moan now its your turn ;D ;D