JohnL

Why is the location of a poster an option here? The times I look at peoples details to find out where they are and why they are saying something relating to where they are and  I CANT FIND OUT? -

frustrating!

puzzled

JohnL   :)
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

Paul Coleman

Re: Location
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 02:55:43 pm »
Why is the location of a poster an option here? The times I look at peoples details to find out where they are and why they are saying something relating to where they are and  I CANT FIND OUT? -

frustrating!

puzzled

JohnL   :)

I find that irritating too sometimes John.  I wish it was a compulsory part of the signing up.  Not after someones address or even town but a county or general area would be useful.

windolene

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 05:41:21 pm »
Hi,

I feel the same too! make it compulsive.

Kevin WINDOLENE.

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 06:11:38 pm »
Same here, make it compulsary, just to have what part of the country,they live in.       I have nothing to hide??

JohnL

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 10:23:55 pm »
OK, thats 3, any more?    :)

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

mark dew

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 10:37:24 pm »
Yes, i would like to at least see the county.
If to give me a guide on prices if nothing else.

macc

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 11:06:30 pm »
I agree, at least it gives you an idea of whats been discussed etc, compulsary i reckon.

macc

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 11:18:09 pm »
It's often bugged me, but it seems to be getting better.
Hopefully this thread will help.

Jeff and JohnL....Oooooh-aaarrrrrrr!!!!
I used to live in Weston actually, so I was a bumpkin too. ;D

gaza

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 11:58:17 pm »
Squeekys location is the bottom rung ;D

gaza ;)
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Morph

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 12:02:05 am »
I don't put where I am because I have enough hate mail from Chepstow and surrounding areas! ;D

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 08:03:08 am »
good idea
i'm from southampton
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2006, 08:03:48 am »
Squeekys location is the bottom rung ;D

gaza ;)
Gaza's location is the rong bottom.

Archy136

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2006, 08:07:33 am »
I think we should at least put which country we're from

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2006, 08:15:05 am »
Same here, make it compulsary

JohnL

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006, 08:18:39 am »
I used to live in Weston actually,   .  .  .

.  .  so did I, but that was 30 years ago!  cant remember seeing you there?   ;D

JohnL

Morph

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2006, 09:51:43 am »
Male
White-ish...going brown now!
European

JohnL

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2006, 10:22:02 am »
White-ish...going brown now!

Why, you got some sun there then?   :)

look like its drying up here too

JohnL

alansavvi

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2006, 03:37:50 pm »
I dont understand why people dont say where they are from i would like to know.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2006, 03:41:16 pm »
I would never let anyone know where i am from

JohnL

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2006, 03:59:26 pm »
I should think not with the size of your lounge   ;D   ;D

JohnL

Morph

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2006, 04:05:09 pm »
I did have my email and location on my profile, but I took it off when I changed personalities for the 4th time.  I just had too many women after me!
Anyway we had a topic a while back asking where we are all from, I revealed my location then.
There are a lot of anonomouses who read but don't post.  I think they get enough info from here generously shared, without finding out what colour my front door is!

busydaffodil

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2006, 08:14:33 pm »
SOUTH WALES........here. 

But I'm no WC so not after your work, man or wfp ok!  LOL

abacus

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2006, 10:31:56 pm »
 hi
I didnt see a to put the info place the info Im off to get new glasses next week im from Brighton though i do cover some of surry as well used to live nr kingston upon thames

by the way pj what is the colour of your door
regards grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved

brett walker

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2006, 10:54:25 pm »
Excellent thread

ive often felt like putting this up myself as it can be very annoying when your looking for someones location, sometimes its needed when you are answering their question , prices in their area etc

Brett

Morph

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2006, 11:05:12 pm »

regards grant

Just went to check....

White

Johnboyfree

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2006, 12:26:02 am »

regards grant

Just went to check....

White
Are you sure it was youre door?you didnt just open it and look at the colour of the one opposite?did you open the door?it may be a different colour outside?and more importantly,are you at home?or is that why you had to check ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

rosskesava

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2006, 12:56:35 am »
Sometimes I'd just like to know what universe the poster resides in let alone what country or town?

Paul Coleman

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2006, 06:29:58 am »
I did have my email and location on my profile, but I took it off when I changed personalities for the 4th time.  I just had too many women after me!
Anyway we had a topic a while back asking where we are all from, I revealed my location then.
There are a lot of anonomouses who read but don't post.  I think they get enough info from here generously shared, without finding out what colour my front door is!

What I had in mind was that sometimes someone will post asking about a price (meaningless without location), or will ask whether a drought situation will affect them (ditto), or ask questions about their set-up (sometimes meaningless if you can't work out whether their water is hard or soft).  I'm sure other people can think of other reasons why a rough location needs to be made available. It's as helpful for the poster as it is for those trying to help and putting a location in a thread rather than on a profile isn't much help either as the thread can be long gone before someone's area becomes relevant.
Apart from that, I sometimes want to be nosey  ;D

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2006, 07:39:24 am »
Might also make it easier to go national with the tescos breakfast club  :D
Sussex by the sea

holland1945

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2006, 01:00:42 pm »
Did someone mention breakfast.

There seems to be two forms of divide forming in the Window Cleaning Community. Wfp versus Traditional, and the less obvious, but equally elitist, Tesco Breakfast Club Members versus non-Members who have to stop on the Binley Road and get a batch from Annie's Kitchen ... which is all well and good but for the extraordinarily runny egg-yolks, which never fail to stain my freshly laundered uniform.

I'm in Cov, so if anyone else wants to start a Tesco Breakfast club, we've got the biggest one in Europe. Bring it on!

JohnL

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2006, 03:33:20 pm »
Shiner  .  .  .  What I had in mind was that sometimes someone will post asking about a price (meaningless without location), or will ask whether a drought situation will affect them (ditto), or ask questions about their set-up (sometimes meaningless if you can't work out whether their water is hard or soft).  I'm sure other people can think of other reasons why a rough location needs to be made available. It's as helpful for the poster as it is for those trying to help and putting a location in a thread rather than on a profile isn't much help either as the thread can be long gone before someone's area becomes relevant.

Exactly.  There are so many good posts, threads and discussions that location of the poster would make discussion more meaningful and one could participate more.

Its interesting PJ said a previous thread was about the location of members so I cannot see a reason why this information cannot be permanently on the post, or in the personal details etc I fail to see the logic behind not knowing where people are.

JohnL