Construction Industry Scheme Confusion
« on: May 24, 2006, 09:51:36 am »
I have done many OUTSIDE window cleans for builders with most asking if i had a c.i.s card.After much confusion i have spoke today with the inland revenue and YOU DO NOT need to be c.i.s registered if you are cleaning outside windows only.
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/cismanual/HTML/CIS1300/05_0014_CIS1321.htm

macleod

Re: Construction Industry Scheme Confusion
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 07:24:52 pm »
hi easy, its macleod... not seen you for a bit (lost your number!) and i know you dont do any shops at the retail park anymore... hope your okay. i have taken on a lad to help out... catch up soon mate! kpfairless@yahoo.com

Neil Mc Anulty

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 07:37:43 pm »
Hi
I had a quick scan over that and cant decide from the wording if the first clean of exterior windows is in or out of the CIS scheme.
However, why would you not enrol for CIS? Builders will not pay without it.
It costs nothing to get it and if you were to start doing the insides you would be able to go ahead.  If your worried about losing money just charge extra.
Example, you need 100 for a plot, 100/.82= 122
That might be confusing if so ill try and explain it better.
On the other hand you could just not do them.

Cheers
Neil

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 09:09:44 pm »
Builders will not pay without it

Well im not sure where you got that from as ive just got a 2 year contract to clean every new house for one of the biggest housing developers in this country...and guess what i dont need a c.i.s card/certificate and when i questioned payment i was informed that payment will be made each month by bacs WITHOUT a c.i.s card and as i said in the post ive spoken to the c.i.s people in inland revenue and told me the same thing.So im not sure which builder told you that?

[On the other hand you could just not do them/quote]

500 of them a month @ £15.00 each.....i think ill do them

dougster

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 11:21:34 pm »

like the flag by the way

gaza

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 11:23:54 pm »
Window cleaners do not need a cis card they ARE exempt
I do work for a national building firm and get payed by bacs easy enough

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Neil Mc Anulty

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 11:56:41 pm »
Are we talking builders initial clean here ???
£15  :o, What works involved?
Any sub contracts I have taken on in Northern Ireland have required a CIS registration card before payment. To register in the South of Ireland as a sub contractor you even have to register for VAT, aswell as their sub contractor scheme.

Cheers
Neil

gaza

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 11:59:59 pm »
MUST HAVE DIFF REGS OVER THERE

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

stephen.b1

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 01:13:27 am »
first clean and additional cleans on a construction site you do need a cis card if your building firm have windows cleaned after the CML then you dont
easy clean there are a few points that confuse me about your post
ive just got a 2 year contract to clean every new house for one of the biggest housing developers in this country...and 500 of them a month @ £15.00 each.....
your going to travel from lands end to john o groats to clean windows ?????
i work for the countrys biggest house builder the one with the oak leaf but only work in the north westand yes befor payment you need a cis card  the most that 2 men can clean in a day is 10 first cleans how the hell are you going to do 500 in a month with all that traveling and knowing building sites as i do most completions are at the end of every month so you would end up doing 500 in 2 weeks also there are some dirty sites and say 25 to 50 %will need a reclean thats up to 750 houses in 2 to 4 weeks
 on the sites that i work on there are possibly 7 diffrent styles of house all diffrent windows my smallest is quite a bit more than yours if you want to come and work for me i will give you £15  cash and no cis card

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 08:41:18 am »
Sorry i should have explained a little more..

500 a month they are all on one development site next to each other.Three vans all with wfp they have all had a buiders clean but as the development is ongoing they require a clean once a week