jeff1

I Told Lies to UFINDUS.COM
« on: May 23, 2006, 10:10:54 pm »
Thanks to the threads on this forum, regarding UFindus I was aware of there tactics to give them money for nothing.

Today the phone rang and it was UFindus, they started by asking to speak to the owner of reflections, i said thats me,

then she told me she was from ufindus, and asked me how my business was going, so I quikly jumped in and told her that the other two partners, who were going to start up with me, let me down, so i was no longer in business,

she then replied thats a shame we have had a large response from people looking for wc in your area. (same patter you guy's were on about) I just told her its a waste of time as i am no longer a wc, she said can't you start on your own, i just told her its a waste of time and money, and that i have just lost £2,000 because of these two guy's.
So she just wished me luck and said good bye, total time on the phone with them was about five minutes, so if any of you guy's get any hasstle, just tell them you are no longer in business.

But thanks guy's I had no problems with them, thanks to all that posted threads about this company. It made me aware of there tactics. (just hope there not members of this forum?)

marc al

Re: I Told Lies to UFINDUS.COM
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 10:17:47 pm »
  I usually find hanging up on them works better, probably about 30 seconds then..

Alternatley if I am bored I usually reply to any questions about my business with a question about their sex life - that most definetly does the trick.

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 10:20:29 pm »
I would have done the same, but I read a thread that one guy on here hung up on them and they phoned him back, then hung up on him,
I just didn't want repeat call's from them

matt

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 10:40:41 pm »
my fav one is

caller : can i speak to the manager / owner

me : hang on, i will get him

my best wait time is over 12 mins  :o :o, you of course just continue to work and check they are still on the line every now and then

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 10:45:56 pm »
This woman/Girl had a real sexy voice,

so they might be trying new tactics on window cleaners, they probably got wise to phoning up WC, with all the crap you guy's have given them ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

pjulk

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 10:58:22 pm »
They phoned me today infact they ring most weeks.
when they said youfindus i just said no thanks i don't need any advertising.
She then said you don't know what im going to say yet.
I said as you lot ring me up nearly every week i think i know you script word for word.

Then she said how can you be in business if you don't want new work.
So i said you have some work for me then whats the address's.
She said we have been inundated with work for your area and would like to pass it on to you.
So i said pass it on then and don't beat around the bush.
Then she started to talk about advertising.
So i said stop right there i told you i don't want advertising.
She said you need advertising to be able to get the work.
I said you told me you have been inundated with people wanting a window cleaner.
She didn't know what to say then.
Anyway i said please don't call again and remove me from your list as i won't be advertising with you.
Goodbye and put the phone down.

I bet they ring back next week.

Paul

rosskesava

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 11:07:26 pm »
When these companies phone I just say 'hang on... I'll get the boss' and put the mobile in the glove compartment or in my pocket. The last company that called waited 3 odd minutes before hanging up. They didn't phone back.

Bit by bit I've been getting less and less 'selling' phone calls.

jeff1

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 11:14:13 pm »
Perhaps ufindus will get wise to window cleaners,?

Realizing  were not as dum, as some people think we are

JM123

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 11:58:23 pm »
I've been inundated with calls from people looking for a wc in YOUR AREA.  All you need to do is e-mail me your credit/account details and I'll be straight back to you with those addresses.  While I'm here, any of you ever heard of a pyramid scheme, again just send me your details. 
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

jeff1

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 12:08:04 am »
never heared of the pyramid scheme, but like ufindus, thanks for putting me wise to it.