POLES
« on: May 23, 2006, 07:35:19 pm »
HI COULD ANYBODY ADVISE ME ME ON WHAT POLE TO USE AS IK HOPEFULLY GOING TO PURCHASE SOME BRUSHES FROM GAZ SO I NEED TO KNOW WHAT POLE THEY WILL FIT CHEERS ANDY

H h20

Re: POLES
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 07:56:57 pm »
Hi Andrew,i would reccomend poles from here www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk
I use them and find they are excellent,you can buy just the poles to suit you any length and sections,Gaz  ;)

matt

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 08:12:00 pm »
i allways recoomend UNGER poles

they last forever and the only thing to wear on them are the cones (these cost a few quid each) and they are cheap as chips

master cleaner

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 08:15:35 pm »
it all depends on what you want to spend
i have just bought the new facelift pole i pick it up at the weekend it is a 24ft pole but you can add and take sections away so you should only need one pole and some extra sections i will be using it as an 18ft pole 95% of the time

gary

David 'Duck' Clare

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 10:22:08 pm »
Gaz,

Do your brushes fit onto the poles sold via windowcleaningwarehouse ??? ive just got the 22' pole and it comes with an 11" vikan brush. but i need a brush for conservatory roofs, one for tuff / hard core work (first cleans etc) and one for big windows (a 14" + size) i got your prices (thanks for the email).

oh by the way has anyone come up with a brush to fit between the fake balcony iron work things on 1st floor french windows?????

Cheers fella

DC

H h20

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 10:27:57 pm »
Gaz,

Do your brushes fit onto the poles sold via windowcleaningwarehouse ??? ive just got the 22' pole and it comes with an 11" vikan brush. but i need a brush for conservatory roofs, one for tuff / hard core work (first cleans etc) and one for big windows (a 14" + size) i got your prices (thanks for the email).

oh by the way has anyone come up with a brush to fit between the fake balcony iron work things on 1st floor french windows?????

Cheers fella

DC
Hi Dave,yes the brushes will fit,
and how close are the iron bars off the glass,Gaz

David 'Duck' Clare

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 11:18:25 pm »
Gaz,

Cheers fella

DC
Hi Dave,yes the brushes will fit,
and how close are the iron bars off the glass,Gaz

hi gaz iron bars are about 5 to 6 inches off the glass

DC

JM123

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 03:53:08 pm »
gazs swivel brush shoud be the job for that - haven't used one but it does look the job.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

P®oPole™

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 04:18:37 pm »
who sells the swivel brush?

H h20

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 04:25:59 pm »
who sells the swivel brush?
Hi that would be me,i have emailed you,Gaz  ;)
have a look at this link
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=17309.0

abacus

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 05:08:04 pm »
 Hi gary can you tell me how you are getting on with the new pole it not being full ajustable also if you get wet when taking the poles apart for use at differant hieghts or are the sections sealed in some way- thanks grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved

master cleaner

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 05:28:31 pm »
Hi gary can you tell me how you are getting on with the new pole it not being full ajustable also if you get wet when taking the poles apart for use at differant hieghts or are the sections sealed in some way- thanks grant

i dont get the pole until the weekend but i have had a look at one , the way it works is that with a normal pole there is something inside the pole that stops the pole from coming apart usually some velcro stuck on the end of each section
with the facelift pole there is a window at the end of each section and the last few inches of the pole sections are painted red ,so when you extend the pole and see the red you know not to pull anymore out and clamp.
the pole sections just pull apart so that you can add or take away sections all you have to do is re thread the hose back up the inside of the pole it would take about 5 mins to take a section out or put one in which is slower than changing to a longer pole but you in effect only need one pole and some extra sections
hope this sounds logical

gary

abacus

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 11:48:47 pm »
 Hi gary 
yes thanks a lot I thought it was like the new unger pole that has male and female ends and the water is in the pole no inner hose if anyone has tried one of thses or similar would you let me know how you are getting on with it many thanks

grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved