Ken

Changing Job Order in George
« on: May 23, 2006, 04:56:11 pm »
I use George/Pocket George and have started finding that work is getting out of order. If I do a road of say 10 jobs and pick up a new one it adds it at the end of the days work and not necessarily in order in the road. How can I move jobs to where i want them and not where George decides where they should go? I can't seem to drag and drop which would be ideal. Some blocks of work are becoming indecipherable! Am I missing something obvious?

Ken

Re: Changing Job Order in George
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 04:58:37 pm »
Please ignore me, I think I've found it! Doh!

petetaylor56

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 07:36:39 pm »
 :)ken i got same prob how did you sort it or am i being thick:)
today i be mostly wfp

scrimit2

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 07:39:41 pm »
I thought that when you do that street again you click on each job completed in the order you want them to be, next time they will be in order! I might be wrong though

George Systems

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 08:09:07 pm »
Hi Guys

This is a little bit complicated - but I've had a few questions about it recently - so this is  the "official version":

There are 3 criteria that affect the order of the Jobs on the WorkList.

First - they are ordered by Date. It doesn't matter what the Round Order is, Jobs will appear in date order.

Second - the Priority. "Must be done" Jobs always appear first, followed by "Should be Done" and then "Normal" Jobs. You only need to change this if it's a very important Job and you don't want to forget in a months time (or whatever). Set it's Priority to "Must be Done" and it will be the first thing on your Worklist on the day - whatever its normal place in the Round Order.

Third - the Job Order that you set up in the "System/Round Order" screen.

So Jobs are ordered by Date, and within Date by Priority and within Priority by Round Order.

The System/Round Order screen should show the Jobs in the order you would do them if you started doing the first Job and carried on till the last Job. George can't work out the order for you - I thought about using the House number but that didn't work because some roads have all the even numbers on the same side and you guys would do all the odd numbers in one hit and then the even numbers - but even that isn't always the case.

So - go to System/Round Order, drag your Jobs into the right order and then, every time you mark the Job as Done it will automatically be rescheduled in it's correct place on your WorkList.

Paul

petetaylor56

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 10:46:41 pm »
on my round order they are in the right place but in my jobs they are all over the place am i missing something  :-[
today i be mostly wfp

George Systems

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 10:56:15 pm »
Hi

They are in Round Order but also in Date Order and the Date comes first...

Paul

JohnL

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 07:12:22 am »
do you have to put the date in?

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

George Systems

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 08:05:42 am »
Hi John

Yes you do.

The WorkList wouldn't be much use if you didn't know when the Jobs were due !

Paul

JohnL

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 02:46:37 pm »
the reason I ask is questions come up on '' how to do '' and the answer generally involves the date. This is fine but how are people adjusting their systems which has the obvious knock-on effect when you have this weather and other variables which is putting everything out of kilter etc

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

George Systems

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 03:25:59 pm »
Hi John

I don't think many of our users bother to change the date if this weather is bad - the overdue jobs just appear at the top of the Worklist with their original due dates (which is probably useful - at least you know when they should have been done). You could change them all to the date you're actually going to do them but it seems like a lot of effort for very little benefit...

The Jobs have to be in date order on the WorkList - if they were in "Round Order" you wouldn't be able tell which ones need doing and which ones were already done.

Actually. I designed and wrote the system but I'm not a Window Cleaner so I don't use it.  Maybe you should ask some of the guys in this group that actually use it on a daily basis...

Paul