trimanyellow

sticker marks
« on: May 23, 2006, 04:37:14 pm »
Anyone got any advice on the best thing to use to remove sticker marks off of patio door windows ??

Many Thanks

reah

Re: sticker marks
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 04:46:57 pm »
Hey
I have found the best way is to basicly use a scraper.
Try a large 4 inch one but you must and this is a must use it only on wet glass.
White pads and MDR maybe will help.
I have heard of people using 0 grade wire wall but have never had a problem with the good old scraper.
Reah

trimanyellow

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 04:54:16 pm »
Ive used a scrapper but if the light catches the window at a certain angle you can still see where the sticker was.

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 06:06:57 pm »
Ive used a scrapper but if the light catches the window at a certain angle you can still see where the sticker was.

If you've tried your best with your scraper and are still concerned about one window with a mark you can see when you look at it from the correct angle, in the right light; you're being too fussy.

I bet you do a first class job though.

scrimit2

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 07:36:54 pm »
i use wd40, i spray it on the sticker adhevsive, it seems to disolve it, and if nessesary I use a scraper but mainly I just wipe it off, one thing to watch though is that can leave it greasy, but I use a spare cloth to buff it off.

Tim Morton

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 09:34:34 pm »
If you cant get it off with a sharp scraper blade, try wiping some white spirit on it, usually dissolves the sticky gum and then wipe off the white spirit with a paper towel, works for me.

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe!!
Craigavon, N.Ireland

trimanyellow

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 09:37:35 am »
Many thanks to everyone for your help and advice.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 02:06:58 pm »
scraper and talcum powder or steel wool and talcum powder.
Scrapers on there own are ok but you end up with a sticky mess.

Oilflo is the best product for remove all types of stickers, silicone marks.
You wont believe it until you buy some, dont use it insider though because it stinks for days

Dave