JM123

Getting lazy
« on: May 22, 2006, 09:26:42 pm »
Does anyone else think wfp is making them really lazy??  Before I went wfp I would have thought nothing of doing a 10hr day, up and down ladders, now I can barely motivate myself to go out and do 6hrs doing less work!!   I won't go out of the house at all unless I know I'm going to do at least £150 but then the thought of doing all that work puts me off the idea!!  I think I'm losing it!!!
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

jeff1

Re: Getting lazy
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 12:10:32 am »
Hi JM123

maybe your getting cheesed off with window cleaning.
the trouble with being your own boss is its so easy to say I can't be bothered going in today,

I still enjoy going up and down my ladders, but I am looking to change over to wfp.

Do you find making money is to easy for you now?
if so I cant wait to change over.

jouk45

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 12:22:27 am »
yea, its so easy the wife has increased her house keeping money, and she said that the cloths are more expencive this year, ::) Mmmm

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 12:28:47 am »
the mrs is doing that joe, to keep you out of that shed, and to stop you buying to much beer ;D ;D ;D ;D

rosskesava

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 12:35:27 am »
We use both trad and wfp.

Sometimes we use wfp when trad would be best.

Yup, wfp can make you lazy and for us, especially in terms of the quality of work.

It almost becomes a 'shove a bit of water at it' and what the customer thinks don't matter.

Cheers

jouk45

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 12:40:18 am »
jeff, i drink the beer in the shed lol,

JM123

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 12:55:16 am »
OK I'm def gonna knuckle down a bit more - not gettin cheesed off cleaning at all, I just know that I can let work run over and still catch up really quickly - strange ain't it?  You'd think by making more money it would spur you on to stay out longer and do more and take on more work.

Ballymena N.I

jeff1

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 01:03:56 am »
I'm the same I let my work run over, then have a good run at it, I do a six weeks round, but when I put my mind to it, I can do it in five weeks, and have a week off,

thats what i mean about being your own boss, I could take more on, but then its full steam ahead all the time, I think when I do change over I will Take more on, as I recon I could do it all in four weeks. I don't really know as I havn't done it yet?

JM123

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 01:14:36 am »
oh are you still trad??  Mate you do it in about a fortnight wfp especially if most are plastic frame jobs

Ballymena N.I

jeff1

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 02:03:12 am »
still traditional,

but i have a lot of leaded, and old places,and georgian mostly village work.
but i don't mind if it only takes two weeks, i would take on more customers, I have a waiting list as long as your arm.
would be nice to be able to do them all

JM123

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 06:19:13 pm »
Leaded is such a gift with wfp, it'll take yo a quarter of the time with the pole as opposed to trad - with saying that I do nearly all my shop work trad and sometimes it makes a nice change.

Ballymena N.I

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 06:26:21 pm »
JM,

If you're posting on this forum after midnight; as you did last night; you're going to feel lazy the next day!

JM123

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 06:45:01 pm »
suppose, find it hard to sleep though - I COULD MISS SOMETHING ON THE FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Ballymena N.I

macc

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2006, 11:51:27 pm »
JM,

If you're posting on this forum after midnight; as you did last night; you're going to feel lazy the next day!

i come on hear to get away from nagging.  ;D

joke,  ;D

JM123

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2006, 11:53:17 pm »
darn it I'm at it again - its nearly midnight and I'm back on this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh well, I'm off tomorrow anyway so you can let me off this time!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ballymena N.I

rosskesava

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2006, 12:53:10 am »
It's nearly 1am and I'm up at 7am tomorrow and had a hard day today and have another hard day tomorrow?

Why do I just have to have just one more look?

JM123

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2006, 12:57:32 am »
because someone just might reply.

like now

Ballymena N.I

Paul Coleman

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2006, 06:14:27 am »
I'm the same I let my work run over, then have a good run at it, I do a six weeks round, but when I put my mind to it, I can do it in five weeks, and have a week off,

thats what i mean about being your own boss, I could take more on, but then its full steam ahead all the time, I think when I do change over I will Take more on, as I recon I could do it all in four weeks. I don't really know as I havn't done it yet?

If my experience is any guide, don't seek more work until you done the first cleans (and maybe the second ones too) as, if you do them properly, they will probably take longer.

gaza

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2006, 11:54:32 pm »
What a load of TOSH, TOSH. been on here many times till the small hours,and gone and done a good days graft many times,sometimes doing more work than Iwould normally do,but when I got in, sat down and fell a sleep though ;D
 Its better than being deaf dont ave to look at emmerdale eastenders etc etc.

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO