gaza

leaving wfp on wall[up right]
« on: May 21, 2006, 09:31:12 pm »
Yesterday I was a plonker!  l  left my 18ft pole in between two 3 high buildings  stood upright yeah youve  guessed,a  gust of wind and it slid down the wall crashing to the ground smashing the y piece connector,
I was half way through doing two houses.to say I WAS ANNOYED AT MY STUPIDITY
would be an understatement then a flash of genius down to the pet shop for a Y piece ,couldnt believe when they hadnt got one.

Shizhouzen ,I thought not so smart ,then a flash of insperation, I saw a duel flow control
for the air pump.so I bought one and set off to install it on my pole.
after fitting it ,I found out I had two flow controls ,I could set it by the hose flow restrictor, but better still I could now control the flow to the brush better and even up the flow rate ,which was always slightly less coming out of one jet
So if it happens to you remembber this posting
GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Chris Cottrell

Re: leaving wfp on wall[up right]
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 09:34:24 pm »
thought you were gonna say you done a Pj and left it up against the building all night

;D ;D

gaza

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 10:20:58 pm »
been there done that one as well,had to phone Brett up and pick it up from the back of a building, thought I had lost me marbles,its called a senior moment ;D
 GAZA

Chris Cottrell

gaza

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 10:46:32 pm »
CHRIS LESS OF THE SENIOR ;)

GAZA

Londoner

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 06:09:07 pm »
I have only been a WFP user for a little over a month but I an learning fast. This week I learned that a WFP in a gusty wind is every bit as easy to damage something as a ladder is.
And mine is only a little one.

marc al

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 08:00:35 pm »
  The moral of the story is always carry spares. I have spares of everything that may break - except for the bit that broke last Tuesday lunch time!! 30 mile drive to replace it ready for the next morning.

jouk45

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 08:45:25 pm »
GAZA, the same hapened to me 3 weeks ago, leaned the pole against the wall to turn the pump of, it fell and smashed the angle adaptor, lost half a days work,as marc al said, make sure you have got some spares,iv got 2 spare angle adaptors now lol,

poles apart

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 08:58:53 pm »
I leaned my 40ft pole against an office block, turned round to connect it to the hose and a quick gust of wind sent it ncrashing to the floor!. Top section broke in half. Two weeks later, after spending £70 on new section, I was cleaning a hotel and needed to get onto a flat roof. I leaned the same pole against the roof , climbed the ladder with the hose in my hand, pulled up the spare hose, which unknown to me was around the base of my pole, and lo and behold down it went breaking the same section! >:( I just clean ground floors now ;D