trimanyellow

low pressure
« on: May 17, 2006, 10:29:55 pm »
hi can anyone help?

I run a wfp trolley system with a 100psi shurflo pump,12v battery with a varistream control,
I cant seem to get any decent flow from the brush head.
Ive tried increasing the pressure, checked the battery, checked all hose connections for leaks etc.
the thing i have noticed is air bubbles in the clear hose being pumped from the pump. Any ideas???? many thanks

Spruce

Re: low pressure
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 10:36:11 pm »
Hi
There must be an airleak on the inlet side of the pump from the tank.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 12:15:52 am »
Definately taking in air from somewhere, water is more dense than air so whats leaking air wouldnt allways leak water.

Sussex by the sea

DODA

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 06:03:10 pm »
Hi

I have a trolley system (cleantech) as well and was having the same trouble everything looked ok bought a varistream to see if that would solve the problem but didn,t so i just disconnected everything and simplified it by just having a connection to the pump from the barrel and then a connection from the pump to the hose reel (i remove all of the bypass and god knows what else was in there it was like spaghetti junction) and just let the varistream do the rest and i,ve had no problems since apart from the varistream yesterday ...

darren

MNWC

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 09:02:15 pm »
Had the same problem with mine.

so what i did is taped the joints from container to the pump and this seemed to do the trick  ;)

Looks really professional now with bits of black insulation tape on it  ::)

dai

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 10:10:59 pm »
I found that the inline filter was a source of airlocks. I took it off and now use stainless steel tubes with built in strainers for the containers. These were puchased from a car boot sale and had originated from a beer celler. If you know anyone with a pub, they may have some knocking around. They were the tubes that went into the beer barrels. Brilliant bit of kit if you can get your hands on them. Dai