George and windows xp firewall
« on: May 15, 2006, 04:18:27 pm »
for all of you who use george has anyone had this problem for some reason i can't get george to backup on internet i have to switch firewall off to get it to connect i've tryed the exceptions tab still won't allow me to connect which is frustrating to say the least! spoke to paul he doesn't understand either so i'm baffled any ideas?? ??? callum

Re: George and windows xp firewall
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 05:37:11 pm »
Hi you may have downloaded a piece of shareware,spyware or adaware.Clean your history,cookies,files and then do a disk clean up.re start your pc and you should be ok..

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 05:38:56 pm »
I have xp firewall, no problems. Try easy cleans suggestion

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 02:03:13 pm »
Nether idea worked i've just switch internet backup off now and use a pen drive instead.

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 06:58:11 pm »
Here's something to try.

This should determine if you can actually connect to the back-up server/computer.

You will need either the www.  address of the back-up site or the IP number.

If you can get either of these open the DOS command box then where the line is blinking type ping xxxxxxxxxxxxxx    << that would either be the www addy or the IP number.   Your comp will try to send 4 packets of data and will then tell you if they are returned.  If they are then you can connect.  Obviously if this works the problem is elsewhere.

The DOS "command prompt" is in accessories in XP.

You could try to ping www.cleanitup.co.uk to see what happens.. or should happen  :)

Hope this helps

Andrew