dg-cleaning

Xxx New
« on: July 07, 2007, 04:14:07 pm »
Xxx

Bertie Boo

Re: Fussy clients
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 08:18:15 pm »
DG

i posted summink you might like to see on another post (doubtless u've seen it by now).

Mine is different as i get clients who have come away from big companies and are embracing the prospect of a personal cleaner. All my clients have complaints about previous companies, though rarely so about personal cleaners. The former usually gets fired and the latter usually leaves after years of devoted service...

Anyway, i swear some people anticipate being dissapopinted. I think the bigger the company the more they will dislike it. Round here it does not matter what the cleaning company is called because people automatically call it Merry Maids or Molly maids, i do feel a bit sorry for them both as they take a lot of flack  ;D One lady said "And Molly Maids quoted me £14 an hour" which i know is a complete mistake on the ladies part as M M only charge per job.

The complaints my clients have had about companies are as follows: 1) not getting the same people 2) not turning up 3) bad performance 4) price increase when they think the service is bad already.

One client i go to had been using a company run by an ex-molly maid cleaner. Her company got so big they eventually had to charge VAT, this then added almost £7 to my clients bill which he was not happy to pay as he said the service was dire. The only thing i noted was that it had been a long time since the inch of carpets around the sides of rooms had been vacuumed as they were BLACK with dust. The rest of teh house seemed ok. He was just generally unhappy.

I have been very lucky because my clients have know what they want and many have asked me to work double the amount of 'visits' for the first few times so that i can get it into some sort of order.

You can never get a house looking great on the first visit IMHO and i do say to people that they mustn't expect miricales str8 away. They seem to accept this. I only like taking on clients who have had previous cleaners and i will never do another 'show home'.

Ours is a difficult job as everyone wants something difficult. I can see why big companies only offer 'set' cleaning services...

Bertie