Kevin Miller

Yanmar pressure washer issue/problem ideas please
« on: March 28, 2014, 04:27:57 pm »
Need some advice please, today it was on a job on after about 3 hours of use I turned the pressure washer of to do some tidying up. When I came to start it up again via the electric start I was not having any of it. I managed to get the pressure washer going via the pull start which I rarely use. Does anyone have any idea why it is not starting via electric start. Battery? The pressure washer did get wet as well as the battery could this be a issue? I have a Japanese Yanmar L100 10 HP Hilta Electric Start, genuine interpump ws201 driven by reduction gearbox, doing 3000psi that produces 15 litres per minute.
Thanks.

Blast Away

Re: Yanmar pressure washer issue/problem ideas please
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 07:51:41 pm »
Check the fuse/wires hasn't got wet and blown. Little glass fuse might need changing. Or could have come loose. The fuse is in a little plastic case attached to the voltage regulator.

If the fuse has blown, take it out and touch the fuse connectors together and see if it starts. But get a fuse asap if you need one.

Kevin Miller

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 09:39:14 am »
Thanks lee going to have a look later, cheers again

Kevin Miller

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 03:05:51 pm »
Just tried to fire it up this afternoon via electric start and fired up first time so I'm not sure what the issue was. Obviously something got wet which didn't want to lol

dan hughes

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 08:31:47 pm »
check that the battery nuts are tight. vibration might have loosened them.  ;)