ant french

you ever tried it?
« on: November 08, 2010, 02:17:51 pm »
after reading a few websites i thought id test rain water vs tap water, it shocked me the tap water left the odd stain when it dried but the rain water never it just vanished away, im new so i might sound thick, i got my marine tank test kit for the water out and  now being thick i didnt know rain water was soft and tap water was hard  :-\  so now i got a water butt in my back garden and im collecting the rainwater, i put a bit of mutten cloth over the top to stop leafs etc going in and then im transfering the water into old fashioned gren jerry cans and leaving them to get warm inside coz i belive its better than using tap water. maybe im a bit slow and ppl are allreadying doing this lol  also i add a dash of vinegar to my water aswell as i read it helps  :-\  ok clever ppl now comment and say im thick lol

Slash

Re: you ever tried it?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 05:18:41 pm »
I would'nt put vinegar in it.

ant french

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 06:02:54 pm »
why no vinegar?? i read vinegar is good :-[

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 11:25:03 pm »
why no vinegar?? i read vinegar is good :-[
wi fish & chips
where theres muck theres money

ant french

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 10:27:52 am »
 ;D ;D ;D

clearlyclean

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 01:36:45 pm »
vinegar will cause you problems,If the ppm on your tester reads below 12 then you be fine to use it water fed pole,Jeff Brimble harvests rain water,you will need lots of storage containers when you really get going,average use between 200 and 600 ltrs a day,

ant french

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 01:48:14 pm »
vinegar will cause you problems,If the ppm on your tester reads below 12 then you be fine to use it water fed pole,Jeff Brimble harvests rain water,you will need lots of storage containers when you really get going,average use between 200 and 600 ltrs a day,

well i only have 12 custys so far as i just started up lol. i get the rain water off my shed roof and it runs into a barrel that as a filter in the tap ( sponge ) then i take what i need inside over night to warm up for the next use. i had a call today from a custy saying her windows were fab lol

clearlyclean

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 04:32:57 pm »
That good start,are cleaning with any detergent or just filtered rain water,If you connect a couple of water butts to the house roof you'll get more water quicker,I like the sponge on the tap,if your thinking about WFP route I would suggest a DI resin to purify your water.Glad your getting good feed back

ant french

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 05:37:36 pm »
That good start,are cleaning with any detergent or just filtered rain water,If you connect a couple of water butts to the house roof you'll get more water quicker,I like the sponge on the tap,if your thinking about WFP route I would suggest a DI resin to purify your water.Glad your getting good feed back

i can fill a water but in a week no problems and i dont need all that water so its going to waste.

Stewart01

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 03:05:41 pm »
not really much point on traditional cleaning??? fair enough if you can harvest enough when wfp, but traditional the suds dont mix properly!!!

suppose your doing your bit for the envronment though! ;D

mci services

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 09:44:06 pm »
not really much point on traditional cleaning??? fair enough if you can harvest enough when wfp, but traditional the suds dont mix properly!!!

why don't the suds mix properly ??? I use pure water with soap when doing trad without problems, in fact a lot of guys in hard water areas work with rain water for trad

ant french

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2010, 09:22:26 am »
i noticed that with tap water it leaves white lines when its dried but the rain it leaves nowt, tht was testing it on my windows first, and now i use rain water in storage containers andjust keep topping them up :D i mix suds with my water and had no problems, just gotta master the cleaning with the pole a bit more.

Stewart01

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2010, 04:49:58 pm »

why don't the suds mix properly ??? I use pure water with soap when doing trad without problems, in fact a lot of guys in hard water areas work with rain water for trad

it may just be me but i dont like the feeeeeeeeel of it all, used fairy and w5 and it looks like your just using dirty water as theres no foaming , so i prefer to use normal tap water for traditional.

Stewart01

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2010, 04:54:17 pm »

it may just be me but i dont like the feeeeeeeeel of it all, used fairy and w5 and it looks like your just using dirty water as theres no foaming , so i prefer to use normal tap water for traditional.

p.s this may have gone slightly off point as im talking about pure water not rain water??

greencleaning

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 03:24:18 am »
ok, vinegar is fine but too much will cause it trouble!