Rain - good and bad
« on: February 03, 2008, 09:36:00 pm »
Chucking it down again really annoying when you've done some good work and the next day it hammers down or even worse when your trying to work. The good news of course is that there's loads of windows getting filthy by the hour. My van windscreen has been covered in dirt every morning lately.

jeff1

Re: Rain - good and bad
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 09:44:03 pm »
Do what I do, I save all my guttering Jobs up for rainy days, some weeks I earn more in the rain than I do when its dry.
But you have to build up loads of guttering Jobs, I have abour a dozen left now, so if its still raining tomorrow its back onto guttering.

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 10:35:17 pm »
Jeff, do you go looking for gutter jobs or do they pop up anyway with your existing custys?

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 10:42:58 pm »
No I never look for them, i just make sure all my custy's know I do guttering, its also printed on all my tickets I put through there doors, last year was my best year for guttering work and it was all down to the rain.
Just mention to your custy's that you offer this service, I also do conservatory roofs in the rain, unless custy wants it done there and then.
Both good little earners for rainy days, the only thing I don't like is the wet weather gear, makes you sweat like a glass blowers a***

magic1

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 08:05:57 am »
hey jeff, what sort of prices do you charge for guttering jobs.

dai

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 07:23:17 pm »
I could do with a good downpour tonight, it would wash some of the salt off, I have a big block of seaside flats to do in the morning. Dai