rb4no

Refurbing an old ionic ergolite pole
« on: January 08, 2019, 07:56:41 pm »
I have an old 35 ft ergolite pole, the clamps are gone and it weighs a ton. That said the pole is in good nick and it’s very rigid so thought about getting new clamps on and using say the first three or so lengths to make a cheap carbon fibre pole which would work a great on domestics etc. Thing is ionics don’t make or supply replacement clamps nor do the new ones fit as the diameter of their newer poles are different. Any thoughts , anyone else done something similar?  None of the other

Shrek

Splash & dash

Re: Refurbing an old ionic ergolite pole
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 10:24:57 pm »
I got rid of my ergo lite poles about 8 years ago , they are heavy , big in diameter compared to today’s poles give it to a museum, put it on eBay or take it to the local recycling centre 😂😂😂😂

Plankton

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 10:39:13 pm »
Can you not just take them off and cut the pole back 2" and re fit them.

Splash & dash

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 11:23:16 pm »
Can you not just take them off and cut the pole back 2" and re fit them.

Yes you can but I dont think you can get new clamps to fit there poles I think you will find they are an odd size , also the nuts on the clamp levers wear and you cannot get them any more this affects the adjustment of the sections , I have a bag full of these nuts somewhere in my garage that ionics gave me many years ago as they didn’t last long , when they got worn and you tried to lock the lever clamp over the nut would spin in the clamp body and the pole section would slip and spin , I had several ergo lite poles I sold the lot ionics poles never were any good but at the time there wasn’t much else about

rb4no

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 05:33:31 pm »
the poles are heavy but if I use only three sections I'll reach the majority of my domestics, it'll be lighter and a lot more rigid than my CLX.  There's still life in the stick yet!

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 06:10:43 pm »
the poles are heavy but if I use only three sections I'll reach the majority of my domestics, it'll be lighter and a lot more rigid than my CLX.  There's still life in the stick yet!

each to their own but id rather spend a few quid on buying a better pole than messing about with a heavy pole relic from a bygone age....... ;D
price higher/work harder!