paulchambers

Disclaimer
« on: August 17, 2004, 08:10:10 pm »
Going to tackle my problem coffee stain tomorrow would it be wise to get the customer to sign a disclaimer bearing in mind i have a carpet to clean for her and if i should use a disclaimer what should i put on it   thanks

gwrightson

Re: Disclaimer
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 08:19:06 pm »
sorry paul cant helpm you with this one ,
but maybe i can help you get a little more work!!!
i read from your numerous posts, you are finding it a little slow , well i certainly hope it does get better for you , and im sure it will,
but how do you find time to get work , with the amount of time you are on here , just an observation, not a crititisism, surly you could be out delivering leaflets, or canvassing
it really could help
regards geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

paulchambers

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 08:22:40 pm »
I leave in online as i'm on broadband i deliver leaflets everyday and sent over 300 letters in 4 months, Neil has a similar problem and only live about 10 miles away.

Its cornwall and the cornish minute the problem

Paul_2

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 08:25:26 pm »
Hi Paul

Disclaimers are not really worth a lot, because once you tackle the problem it becomes yours, until your client is happy.

One of the phrases I use is 'I will attempt to remove the stain/spot to the best of my ability without causing further damage to the carpet/upholstery'. The phrase should say it all, and providing you have prequalified everything and 'educated' the client before the clean, you won't have to make 'excuses' afterwards.

Good luck

Paul P

neil 47

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 09:06:35 pm »
It is cornwall paul but plenty of other cc companys are making a living around here if they c an do so can we,
we just have to work smart not hard.

Neil ;)

COME ON !!!!
IICRC

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 09:44:33 pm »
Paul, My disclaimer is intended to put the client off from asking me to attempt spots/stains.
I know when a mark will not remove and why, THEY DO NOT.  :o
How do you tell someone NO in their own house. Give disclaimer to sign and see the attitude change ;D
Email me and i will reply with a copy........it comes up too small if i paste it in here.( sales@strakercleaning.com)