jacko

problem suite
« on: August 17, 2004, 07:26:25 pm »
Was called to survey a cream suite today - stained with chocolate, coffee, and generally soiled. Fibre is synthetic i believe polyester, with brown specs.

Lady of the house says it was wet cleaned when they lived in France and suffered shrinkage. (it did not notice however)

I do not believe that dry (solvent) cleaning will be effective on the stains. (have not got a machine for this so would be a hand-job with Dry-pro).

Any ideas....

Ken Wainwright

Re: problem suite
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 07:47:58 pm »
Jacko

Have seams split? If so were thay repaired? Any other signs of shrinkage damage? Your description suggests that wet cleaning is required ( as you have already surmised) subject to testing.

Do a shrinkage test on the fabric. 5% is usually acceptable. Work to best practice standards and dry as quick as possible.

Safe and happy cleaning:)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Dynafoam

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 07:49:38 pm »
Jacko,

If polyester it should wet-clean OK and has a reasonable wet-stain surrender. Don't use too high a temperature.

Coffee stains are best treated before general pre-spray and if you are using a micro-splitter this can be applied direct over the coffee-stain treatment without intermediate rinse. If the areas of coffee staining are large, agitate these areas with a towel of mitt as the double spray will have made them wetter.

If the chocolate is stubborn, B144 Stainpro or an enzyme should help.

John.
John

jacko

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 07:55:47 pm »
Ken, John, thanks very much for advice.