mattroper

Help with Daily Mirror feature
« on: August 16, 2004, 02:35:53 pm »
Dear all - I'm a feature writer for the Daily Mirror needing help from carpet cleaners!
A report published last week said wild teenage parties cost parents £124million a year in repairs and cleaning. I'm trying to find some case studies - parents who had to clean up after their teenage kid had a party.
I'm sure one of you must know a family who's house has been wrecked this summer by their wayward teenager and his/her friends. If you can put me in touch with them we'll pay you £100 for your trouble.
If you can help please contact me at: matt.roper@mirror.co.uk or call me on 0207 2933532 asap.
Thanks - Matt Roper

paulchambers

Re: Help with Daily Mirror feature
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 04:25:09 pm »
Matt

I am new in the carpet cleaning business and not come across this problem yet, but one day no dont i will, if you ever do a article on teenage parties and carpet cleaning, it but certainly help the carpet cleaning industry if you could include the benefits of carpet cleaning ie carpet cleaning for health etc.

Iam sure someone on this forum with a great deal of experience could help you but there are all working at present and will be back at 6pm ish

Neil Mc Anulty

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 05:23:54 pm »
Hi Matt

I got called to a house last year. It was actually a friend of a friend s mothers house. Her little sister (15) had threw a party. The house was completely wrecked. All carpets , two 3 piece suites and mattresses had to be cleaned and sanitised. This was more malicious than drink spilled etc....

Other damages that occurred were

- Faeces in the microwave and shower
          - P C, T V and video recorders smashed
          - Mattresses urinated on
          - Family pictures smashed

Quite literally the woman had to start again in building her house. She is a single parent so money is tight yet she will never be able to replace family pictures.

I was called to the house about a week after the party and I was in a state of shock. Aswell as all this walls needed painting etc.....

In another instance I have heard of all the bannisters being kicked out when a fight started  so everybody had a weapon.

This is only the tip of the iceberg in my hometown. Newry Northern Ireland.

Matt,
I will try to contact this family.
          -

mattroper

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 05:38:41 pm »
That sounds just like it! please could you call me so we can talk about a fee - she might be more inclined if we offer her something for her help. Thanks again, Matt
0208 2933532

Len Gribble

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 12:44:26 am »
Matt

Why not go the whole hog and put it on sorted Friday I believe!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)