Chris R

Recoil vs Alltec Millennium?
« on: August 13, 2004, 11:55:50 pm »
Hi,
just wondered what the difference is between the recoil 3 HP and the (discontinued) Alltec Millennium. I think the millennium used 4 vac motors, and a  500psi pump (?). How many power cables did the millennium use and did it have a heater built in? Sorry to keep on about the recoil, but I am seriously in the market to buy an electric truck mount and dont want to make a costly mistake.
thanks
Chris
Staffordshire

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Recoil vs Alltec Millennium?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 01:18:28 am »
I believe the millenium had 2 but the Recoil is still in business so parts are still available.

Shaun

Glynn

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 02:05:54 am »
There is no such thing as a "indoor Truckmount" (except for the LPG powered CleanMaster HM  unit)
Think about it, max draw from UK elec outlet = 2.5 HP (max)
average  TM 25 - 40 HP - No problem., you couldn't even run a 4007 blower off a 13 amp supply at 1/3 power, it would melt the wiring.
Them that wont admit to TM power are people like ME, who wasted twenty plus years "hiding in the dark" surrounded by portable myths like so many on this and other boards.

reply's)
Regards
Glynn

Ivar_Haglund

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 07:30:28 am »
with a vacuum booster and gas heat I have a very nice machine

IVAR :P

Harry

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 08:59:33 am »
I wouldn't be quite so sure of that Glynn, I have 6 truck mounts and a few Portys. TM needs a lot of HP because of all the losses incurred along 1-200 ft.   An electric vac at 8 inches will give a large blower a run for it's moey at 200 ft.
For return on investment or cost of maintenance, repairs, depreciation you can't beat encapsultion which does not utilize a tm.
It's just not so simple any more........

Leatherwright Seminars

Ed Valentine

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 04:31:40 pm »
If I used Glynns theory (in all due respect), What a failure I must have been in my career. 33 years wasted, never having made any accomplishments.

Think I'll start all over again.....

There is an old saying that I have never forgotten:

"Always keep your eyes and ears open" That includes your mine too.

Good Fortune to all;
Ed Valentine