dave washbrook

cfr upholstery tool advice required please
« on: August 10, 2004, 11:57:34 pm »
hi all
i posted a post last week asking which upholstery tool i should buy. good advice (thanks all) so i opted for rhe cfr . ordered one it came today tried it but having a few problems. carn't seem to get a decent spray with the spray i;ve got it will take me a week to clean a suit. they sent a no1 nozzle is this right? what is the best pressure i tried it at 200&300? does the disc on top need to be in a certain position? please help as i feel very stupid  being a newbee.

thanks
dave

Re: cfr upholstery tool advice required please
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 01:22:39 am »
Hi Dave,

The disc orifices should be closed when cleaning upholstery and partially open when cleaning curtains/fabric wall panels. Select psi to suit the fabric…. anywhere from 100psi to 500psi. Water should not leak from the enclosed head when cleaning. Lower the psi until the optimum cleaning results have been achieved with the nozzle size that you are using.

The 3” Combo Tool is supplied with a 6501 nozzle as standard, and additional nozzles (6502,6503,6504) are also available to purchase depending on rinsing requirements. The 5” Combo Tool is supplied with a 9502 nozzle as standard. The 7” All Purpose Tool is supplied with an 8003 nozzle for use on upholstery, fabric wall panels, and fabric wallpaper, mattresses, headboards etc.

Regards

Steve

dave washbrook

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 01:55:09 am »
thanks steve
i am greatfull for the information but do you think i need a 6503 nozzle to get a decent spray because at the moment it wont wet a paper towl without spraying it for 20secs i now it sounds stupid but i have never used one before and i am new to the business also does it matter that i'm using a t/m.

thanks

dave

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 02:11:09 am »
Hi Dave,

Which truckmount do you own?

I know some Woodbridge truckmount operators have purchased the larger orifice sized nozzles to resolve a temperature/water flow issue. Increased water flow was required to maintain temperature/psi and to also stop the engine from labouring.

Water draw wasn’t sufficient so the heated water was being diverted to the waste tank.

By using a 6502 or 6503 nozzle this problem was corrected.

Regards

Steve

dave washbrook

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 02:15:48 am »
hi steve
i have a hydramaster boxxer and what water i was getting out of the nozzle was also cold so do you think i should try a 6502 or 6503 nozzle to solve my problem.

cheers
dave

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 02:20:27 am »
Hi Dave,

The 6503 nozzle should resolve the problem.

Regards

Steve

dave washbrook

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 02:30:35 am »
steve
thanks for your help and advice i will order a 6503 nozzle tomorrow. i think i have just realized who you are ,  are you the guy who came to the  two day ncca course at the end of may to give a very good and proffesional demonstration. if it is then thanks very much if not then never mind but still thanks a million for your help.

thanks again
 dave

Glynn

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 02:32:16 am »
Chris,
I have a Hydramaster Maxx 470 and use the CFR tool with an 03 jet,
and get very hot water constantly from it, set your temp controller at 200 with diverter to ON and pressure at 300, if you set the temp up at maximum it will just keep dumping water because you cannot flow it fast enough.
I found the CFR tool a pig to get used to, and had to shorten the trigger handle because I was always getting a finger trapped ! its a lot better now, once you get the hang of it, you should find it to be an excellent tool.

Regards

Glynn
Regards
Glynn

dave washbrook

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2004, 02:44:26 am »
cheers glynn
i will definatley be ordering a 6503 nozzle tomorrow.

thanks
dave

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2004, 11:17:22 am »
Hi Dave,

Yes it was I.

I was invited to the NCCA course by Paul Pearce and asked to provide the delegates with an Oriental rug cleaning demonstration using the CFR system. I also demonstrated the new to the UK ‘Hruby Oscillating Pad machine’ for low moisture carpet cleaning used in conjunction with One Step.

Glad you enjoyed the presentation.

Regards

Steve

mark_roberts

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2004, 08:45:49 pm »
Make sure the jet is fitted properly as mine was very tight and needed adjusted.

MArk

dave washbrook

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2004, 09:35:29 pm »
thanks all
ordered a 03 jet fitted it tried it and worked great seems to be a great tool but time will tell.

thanks
dave