stu_thomson

rotovac
« on: August 06, 2004, 12:52:16 am »
have got rotovac from alltec to try for week, any you guys use one? how good? can you justify the price. Cant wait to try it though! Might even clean the missus carpets!! will charge though
cheers stuart
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

Fintan_Coll

Re: rotovac
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 02:39:47 am »
I was thinking about a Rotovac too but I got a lot of negative feed back from people who either owned one or who had tested one. It will be interesting to hear your comments.

paulchambers

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 11:37:44 am »
I looked at a usa carpet cleaner site not sure which one now but you could get a rotovac machine and a portable and a days training though in the  usa cheaper than the price alltec are offering for just the rotovac

paulchambers

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 06:24:52 pm »

stu_thomson

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2004, 01:39:26 am »
used on house carpets today, wool,synthetic and axminsters, done a great job but found it overwetted abit for my liking. Abit dissapointed considering that the main selling point for this is drier carpets!I normally prespay then rotary scrub then extract with a rinse then bonnett buff to dry more, so a pretty intense clean anyway but was hoping to do away with rotary machine. Seems to me that you would still need a wand or hand tool for edges and corners and poss wand for extra drying which with all that would be a long job. Will see how it goes during the week though. Great u.s site but have had problems importing before.
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

Dave_Lee

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2004, 02:18:45 am »
Stu,
The Rotovac is a great tool, but like all tools takes a while to get used to it. got rid of mine prematurely, wish Id kept it. You do need a top powered (Twin 3 stage vac) portable at least to go with it, and the one on the US site is underpowered, hence the low price. I think if you imported that start up pack from the US, after US taxex, shipping,duty and vat you wouldnt be making any kind of saving.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

CATMAN

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2004, 01:58:01 pm »

I have tried the Rotovac, and found it too heavy, and overwetted the carpets. The RX20 looks a better machine.

As for importing you may find it hard for a US dealer of the Rotovac to sell you one as Alltec are the sole provider I believe to the UK.

I have imported from the states. There is no US tax but theere is an import duty of 1.5% & VAT. Which if registered you can claim back. On £2000 worth of equipment I saved £600 this also included deliverey. I intend to get an RX20 next US price £1600. UK price £2500. I believe the saving will be about £700 after shipping

Why is the same equipment that is made in the states more expensive here?

Thank god for the internet, at least we can all shop around.

Len Gribble

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2004, 10:16:34 pm »
Two pennies worth buying electrical equipment from the states they run at 110v we run at 240v so take care.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

stu_thomson

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2004, 12:19:00 am »
rotovac going back 2morrow, couldnt get on with it although great idea, found it over wetted and not such a good job as my usual method, least the wife got her carpets clean though!

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2004, 01:34:32 am »
Thanks Stuart for an independent and honest answer. It makes it easier now for me to forget about the Rotovac

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2004, 01:50:42 am »
When I was talking to The American at the Extravaganza he said that on a rental property you could connect up to a cold tap and it would clean the carpet.

stu_thomson

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2004, 10:23:47 pm »
prob would clean the carpet with cold water....BADLY!!

John_Flynn

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2004, 12:18:42 am »
Thanks Dave Lee for getting rid of your Rotavac, as you know it in now part of my setup and I am highly delighted with it, cuts cleaning time in half, cleans much better than convential wand and leaves the carpets almost dry!!

Thanks again Dave.
I get better looking each day!!

mark_roberts

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2004, 12:30:33 am »
I noticed in one of the trade mags that Hydramaster is now selling the rotary dri master which is like the drier/lighter version of the RX20.  Sounds good.  Give it a try.

Mark

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2004, 12:45:24 am »
I got a Rotary Dry Master, it really does leave the carpets dry without turbo driers about 1.5 to 2 hours drying alot less fatigue than a wand I'm ready to put my prices up again ;D

Shaun

paulchambers

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2004, 12:50:55 am »
1.5 gallons a min christ i would be filling my  portable every 10 minutes.

Paul

Dynafoam

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2004, 01:12:27 am »
Paul,

Your portable could not supply 1.5 galons a minute.

paulchambers

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2004, 01:20:18 am »
John i think i am please about that