Blue Frog Systems

Anyone injured their rotar cuff doing this job ?
« on: June 25, 2022, 04:02:23 pm »
Did my shoulder the other month, week off and a replacement electric reel seemed to have cured it. Today it's gone again using the pull start on my pressure washer.

Seems I've done my rotor cuff muscles. Advise is doctor then physio but might just skip the doctor and pay for the physio. Friend is on a 20 week waiting list to see an NHS one. Need to be proactive.

Anyone else had this problem ? 15 years of reeling in manually has probably been the main culprit
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Shrek

Re: Anyone injured their rotar cuff doing this job ?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2022, 04:37:48 pm »
Nhs physio is rubbish (ime) , the guy sent me a txt message with a website link on what exercises to do.
You need to go and get a sports massage /private physio.
However , the 1st private physio I went to charged me for a full hour just to talk about my forearm issues , I sacked him off and found another one. The 2nd guy talked to me on the phone , then started treatment on my 1st appointment 👌

dd

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2022, 05:39:34 pm »
Could be traps muscle

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2022, 06:51:52 pm »
Could be traps muscle

Whatever it is I need to sort it

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2022, 06:52:31 pm »
Nhs physio is rubbish (ime) , the guy sent me a txt message with a website link on what exercises to do.
You need to go and get a sports massage /private physio.
However , the 1st private physio I went to charged me for a full hour just to talk about my forearm issues , I sacked him off and found another one. The 2nd guy talked to me on the phone , then started treatment on my 1st appointment 👌

Been reccomended one and it's treatment on 1st appointment after assessment

High-Tower

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2022, 08:25:11 pm »
Did my shoulder the other month, week off and a replacement electric reel seemed to have cured it. Today it's gone again using the pull start on my pressure washer.

Seems I've done my rotor cuff muscles. Advise is doctor then physio but might just skip the doctor and pay for the physio. Friend is on a 20 week waiting list to see an NHS one. Need to be proactive.

Anyone else had this problem ? 15 years of reeling in manually has probably been the main culprit

Do you go to the gym?
I have issues with my shoulder, but after spending time working with a personal trainer on mobility and imbalances I had a big improvement.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2022, 10:13:29 pm »

Do you go to the gym?
I have issues with my shoulder, but after spending time working with a personal trainer on mobility and imbalances I had a big improvement.

No, closest I got was I looked through a window once.

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2022, 09:00:24 am »
Get to a physio and do what he says...also make sure your using the lightest set up possible(hi mod poles and xtreme brushes)

Weight training would help too once it's healed
price higher/work harder!

DJW

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2022, 01:01:16 pm »
The most complicated joint in the body. Quite difficult to diagnose the problem and often clears up with rest but takes a long time.
Lay off any gutter cleaning and avoid over reaching.

deeege

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2022, 01:58:14 pm »
Quote from: dazmond link=topic= 222477.msg2103706#msg2103706 date=1656316824
Get to a physio and do what he says..

Do what Daz says, not what he did. It took Daz nearly 3 weeks to get to a physio after messing around with Doctors and NHS waiting lists   ;D
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2022, 04:37:28 pm »
Quote from: dazmond link=topic= 222477.msg2103706#msg2103706 date=1656316824
Get to a physio and do what he says..

Do what Daz says, not what he did. It took Daz nearly 3 weeks to get to a physio after messing around with Doctors and NHS waiting lists   ;D

the NHS  actually phoned me up today for a "video appointment" ;D ;D.....no need as my foot is fine now after 8 weeks......
price higher/work harder!

lal

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2022, 05:46:45 pm »

I had excruciating pain in my left shoulder clearing out a very badly blocked up gutter over three years ago, i'd been
 using a gutter vac for five years, but on a  good percentage of gutters that had been neglected for many years, the Vac
 was not viable, so had to get the ladder up and do by hand, but this pain was something else, and getting worse, i got an appointment with a recommended Physio in a local private hospital,  she examined my shoulder, did all the painful stretching
 etc, she recommended i get an MRI done, i got this done privately for 200 euros, as i couldn't wait for months on the Irish NHS,
 as i was desperate to sort the pain out, went back to the physio, she explained the results of the MRI, the Tendon in my
 shoulder was very inflamed close to the Rotator Cuff, which was causing this dam pain, she recommended taking a couple
of weeks off work to rest the shoulder, painkillers and gentle physio, to get the shoulder back to normal.
I went back to work three weeks later, Window Cleaning only, never did Gutter clearing again after that, that's three years
ago, never had a problem with my shoulder since, thank God.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2022, 07:55:39 pm »

Yes, just finished recovery from rotator cuff injury within the last month or so. Mine was caused by leaning down and switching off an electrical socket. Ludicrous.

I self-referred to an NHS physio and was seen in four days for a very long assessment of the problem. The exercises seem quite noddy and gentle but I ruthlessly followed their instructions and over a couple of months I realised the pain had stopped.

Try the NHS first then consider private and do exactly what they tell you exactly as often as they tell you.

After recovery I've continued the exercises to keep up the strength required to prevent a relapse.

Vin

britishwill

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2022, 08:28:25 pm »
Yes with me they have taken a year or so to get better but still weak. It will go again if you don’t look after it. Don’t wait for doc just go to physio on your own accord. I have worked through mine touch wood but don’t over stretch of over load

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2022, 09:06:00 pm »
Just about getting over mine I hope!

I have regular physio anyway and any new pains I always bring up. Rota cuff damage has to be the worst so far! I can honestly say that physio, training and exercise didn't help that much. It's rest and basically not using that muscle where ever possible.

The most amount of relief I got from the pain was doing strengthen exercises.

james peters

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2022, 08:03:22 am »
yes 5 years ago, I tripped over a couple of bin liners on a customers  path and dislocated my shoulder.
It will never be perfect again , but I actually think window cleaning (wfp) helps.

I have been doing a small amount of trad lately and my shoulder aches a little .
but , that could just be a muscular thing.

This is why I wont do customers that have any clutter in their garden.

G Griffin

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2022, 08:51:52 am »
yes 5 years ago, I tripped over a couple of bin liners on a customers  path and dislocated my shoulder.
It will never be perfect again , but I actually think window cleaning (wfp) helps.

I have been doing a small amount of trad lately and my shoulder aches a little .

Try a 10" T-bar and sleeve, James. It did my shoulder and wrist some good.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

james peters

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2022, 03:10:52 pm »

Try a 10" T-bar and sleeve, James. It did my shoulder and wrist some good.

I do, it seems to be the squeegying off that aches for some reason, and its only a 12" moerman.
its probably because I have done hardly any trad since 2005.  I have only started doing a little more trad as when my sons with me he eats through the water :o :o

Jonny Swirljet

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2022, 03:16:17 pm »
I'm a boxer and I had a rota cuff injury for years. Was unable to do hook punches anymore as it was too painful.

Frustrated i went to a physio.  He suggested exercises with a resistance band "RED" attached to a door handle. In my case he told me to do it vigorously to the point of pain in the affected shoulder.  I've been pain free for about three years now

This is information only as i'm not a qualified doctor.

The link shows typical exercises i carried out

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/325103666831221271/

If the link doesn't work just type into Google "Rota Cuff exercises using a resistance band."

Hope this helps

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2022, 08:19:33 am »
I'm a boxer and I had a rota cuff injury for years. Was unable to do hook punches anymore as it was too painful.

Frustrated i went to a physio.  He suggested exercises with a resistance band "RED" attached to a door handle. In my case he told me to do it vigorously to the point of pain in the affected shoulder.  I've been pain free for about three years now

This is information only as i'm not a qualified doctor.

The link shows typical exercises i carried out

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/325103666831221271/

If the link doesn't work just type into Google "Rota Cuff exercises using a resistance band."

Hope this helps

I started off the the lightest band. I think it was 10Lb. I then went up to 20 and nearly cried lol. Stuck to 10 for ages now.

Dazzler3370

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2022, 05:11:21 pm »
Dont assume its a rotator cuff injury.

If you can't wait to see NHS physio pay to see a private one. If no improvement over 3/4 treatments and exercises if given then they should refer you for an MRI scan.

The reason why I say this is I had a pain in my shoulder and thought it was rotator cuff, Physio didn't work went for a scan found out 4 things wrong with my shoulder and none of them was a rotator cuff issue because I go to the Gym.
So i need to have a Op to fix all the issues.

Dazzler
Dazzler

Kinderbueno

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2022, 06:13:06 pm »
Make sure you stretch every day, even if its for 2 minutes, it helps you a lot.