CleanClear

Re: Spruce / Anybody , would this work ? VIDEO
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2018, 08:50:25 pm »

I'm still a bit confused by the battery reading of 13.2v. My leisure battery has never shown more than 12.9v at rest.

This battery shows this reading tonight, i took it off charge on Sunday. I've never had a battery show under 13v when charged (unless it was knackered)

Mind you, i do have a special charger for it, doesn't show when its on float or anything. Its 25 years old + , from Halfords. Not sure if you can get them anymore ?

*Status*--------Currently Online---------

P @ F

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2018, 08:51:31 pm »
Well with any luck i have just done my last rainy/dark voltage check , which was a good result again !

I have only driven 10 miles tops today , started with a full battery , the pump/drill  has taken  out 11 amps , which is about 3 hours non stop pumping , or at least 4 hours on the job with standard houses , i parked the van up at 4 so has been a 4.5 hour rest .

Solar in not known as the meters played up again , but it was pants weather for sun , this could be the answer i have been looking for , so i am fully charged and still have a 10 mile journey to pull from the alternator in the morning before i start work again .

As long as the battery holds up i am on a winner here .
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2018, 09:07:22 pm »
I do see what you are saying Cleanclear  with regard to the solar , if i knew results from a MF battery with feed from my alternator would be so good i might not have bothered , BUT , many w/c's will be parked all day doing no milage at all and cleaning the Shard before they go home  , no  SCR /  B2B will help in this instance unless they idle the van for a bit .
I like to mess about with stuff and all the gear i have gotten has only just topped £300 , a small price to pay to be self sufficient ! 

P @ F

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2018, 09:11:13 pm »
Oh and your old charger , what a bit of class that is , i had exactly the same one made by Lucas , only a 4 amper but i miss it lots .

The only reason it went in the bin was the wire got so brittle it snapped of where the wire goes into the charger from underneath.

P @ F

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2018, 09:15:37 pm »
Just noticed yours is slightly different , my red and black went in on the base , thats why yours is still alive  >:(

CleanClear

« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2018, 09:17:56 pm »
Wasn't a critiscim. Just acknowledging  that many folks are already doing this.  I've got my SVR, still not wired it in yet though!!

CleanClear

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2018, 09:19:23 pm »
Just noticed yours is slightly different , my red and black went in on the base , thats why yours is still alive  >:(
if you had it now you'd resolder new wires on :-)

P @ F

« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2018, 09:32:22 pm »
No ..........Because i dont need a charger anymore  :-*