PurefectWindowCleaning

Wash out in Somerset
« on: January 28, 2014, 02:15:58 pm »
Done £30, got soaked  ;D

Theres working in the rain, but theres also being proper stupid lol

Gave me chance to go quote and secure a £120 gutter clean, and a £300 gutter clean, and a £70 con roof which is the worst ive ever seen so will most def be getting some photos with that bad boy.

Its gonna need some sort of spray and my old school Unger brush head  :D

Bit of paperwork that now that needs doing followed by a phat gym sesh at 3pm so staying out of trouble  ;D

Pete Thompson

Re: Wash out in Somerset
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 03:05:59 pm »
I will work in the rain, and the custies know it (anyone who complains even for 1 second, immediately enters the drop zone)

But sometimes it's too bad.  I usually try to get fiddly things done when it rains badly, like paperwork, quotes, little repairs to the van etc.

But this weather lately is starting to take the P.  I just want to get out and do a straight 7 hours without getting soaked to the bone by on-off rain every 30 minutes.

Still, it's part of the job, and you gotta take the rough with the smooth I suppose.  Still rather be getting  wet working for myself than go back to being a wage slave.

PoleKing

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 03:20:32 pm »
Done £30, got soaked  ;D

Gave me chance to go quote and secure a £120 gutter clean, and a £300 gutter clean, and a £70 con roof which is the worst ive ever seen so will most def be getting some photos with that bad boy.

Bit of paperwork that now that needs doing followed by a phat gym sesh at 3pm so staying out of trouble  ;D

Could've done the conservatory in the rain.
It's easier...
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 03:58:40 pm »
food shop this morning,taxed van and car.just come back from an hour in the gym. :)

if i was working today i think id of sacked it off this afternoon!its horrible out there!! ::)roll ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 04:30:58 pm »
Done £30, got soaked  ;D

Could've done the conservatory in the rain.
It's easier...

Need at least a weeks mental preperation for this one  ;D

Johnny B

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 06:17:54 pm »
So it's ok for some to take umbridge when a customer is unhappy when we work in the rain, or ask us to leave it today, but it's ok for us to sack a day off for the same reason when customers may be expecting us?

If it's raining here (as it does - a lot!) and hitting the windows I sack it off and catch up later.

Not having a go at anyone, but there does seem to be some double standards among some here with regard to working in the rain!

John

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

PoleKing

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 06:20:40 pm »
So it's ok for some to take umbridge when a customer is unhappy when we work in the rain, or ask us to leave it today, but it's ok for us to sack a day off for the same reason when customers may be expecting us?

If it's raining here (as it does - a lot!) and hitting the windows I sack it off and catch up later.

Not having a go at anyone, but there does seem to be some double standards among some here with regard to working in the rain!

John

I think the thought is that as self employed, we are the boss and we decide when we want to work. Rain or otherwise.
If a customer says 'not today' cause of the rain, it's Upto us if we still wanna go.
Same as it's up to the customer if we keep turning up in the rain to keep us on...
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Johnny B

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 09:57:59 pm »

John

I think the thought is that as self employed, we are the boss and we decide when we want to work. Rain or otherwise.
If a customer says 'not today' cause of the rain, it's Upto us if we still wanna go.
Same as it's up to the customer if we keep turning up in the rain to keep us on...

I agree. I personally always try to be as flexible as possible. If someone tells me 'not today', whether it's because of the rain, or for other reasons, if they have proved themselves reliable customers over a period of time, I simply reschedule them for next time I am in their area. If it is happening too often, I stop calling, or tell them to call me if they need me in the future, and I will fit them in if I have the time.

If it is raining, I know from experience who will be ok and who won't want to see me.

Regards,
John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 10:03:50 pm »
I do not book work in, so I didnt 'let anyone down'

Johnny B

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 01:16:41 am »

I know you didn't James. As I said, I wasn't having a go at anyone. There have been other threads on here recently about working in the rain, and specifically about working near the coast. It has been said that when confronted with a 'not today' on a rainy day with windows covered by sea salt, the 'errant' customer would be dumped by some. Then others would say they would leave it until the weather improved! I for one would choose the latter option. Most of my work isn't booked in on a hard and fast 'must do on a specific day' basis, meaning there is room for manoevre when the weather creates difficulties. What we all do is our own business and personal choice.  :)

Regards,
John

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 07:32:13 am »
No Johnny, you weren't having a go at anyone, you were just "having a go!"

;D ;D ;D
It's a game of three halves!

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 08:45:30 am »

I know you didn't James. As I said, I wasn't having a go at anyone. There have been other threads on here recently about working in the rain, and specifically about working near the coast. It has been said that when confronted with a 'not today' on a rainy day with windows covered by sea salt, the 'errant' customer would be dumped by some. Then others would say they would leave it until the weather improved! I for one would choose the latter option. Most of my work isn't booked in on a hard and fast 'must do on a specific day' basis, meaning there is room for manoevre when the weather creates difficulties. What we all do is our own business and personal choice.  :)

Regards,
John

I see  ;D

Johnny B

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2014, 09:25:07 am »
No Johnny, you weren't having a go at anyone, you were just "having a go!"

;D ;D ;D

Just making an observation and commenting on it. I am back in my place now!  ;D

John

H20cleaning

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2014, 03:07:29 pm »
Everytime i send out texts i always mention "weather permitting" on the end.
So if its lashing down and dont get round they will know why:)