KS Cleaning

UPVC decking
« on: April 25, 2021, 12:06:47 am »
Can anyone recommend a decent product to clean my caravan decking? I need to power wash it to get all the crud out of the joints but thought it would make cleaning a bit easier if I put down a product to agitate the green algae on the face of the boards.

Smudger

Re: UPVC decking
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 12:16:49 am »
I do them  with a small flat surface cleaner and 15 degree nozzle for the balustrade
Hypo sprayed over then rinse

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 11:30:19 am »
Spray with a weak hypo mix let it dwell for 10 muinits pressure wash off comes up like new

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 02:03:58 pm »
If you have had a spell of dry days I would give it a big pre-wetting with water to soften all the crud. Upvc is an easy clean, the dirt just sits on the surface
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

KS Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 03:40:28 pm »
If you have had a spell of dry days I would give it a big pre-wetting with water to soften all the crud. Upvc is an easy clean, the dirt just sits on the surface
I’ve cleaned it quite a few times but just wanted to make it a bit easier. The UPVC decking has a wood effect textured surface to make it anti slip, so not quite as easy as cleaning a smooth UPVC surface.

Splash & dash

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2021, 04:02:37 pm »
I’ve cleaned it quite a few times but just wanted to make it a bit easier. The UPVC decking has a wood effect textured surface to make it anti slip, so not quite as easy as cleaning a smooth UPVC surface.

Yes I know what you mean but the dirt tends to sit in the groves rather than stick to it wet it up first to soften it and it comes of easy

KS Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2021, 06:49:29 pm »

Yes I know what you mean but the dirt tends to sit in the groves rather than stick to it wet it up first to soften it and it comes of easy
Aye that’s the plan, just wanted to see if there was a cleaning agent people recommended. Hypo seems to be the poular choice so I’ll give that a bash. Where’s the best place to get hypo, what would be the dilution ratio and what surfactant if any should I use? Sorry for all the questions but as you will probably guess I don’t do softwashing or powewashing.

Splash & dash

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2021, 10:25:18 pm »
[/quote
Aye that’s the plan, just wanted to see if there was a cleaning agent people recommended. Hypo seems to be the poular choice so I’ll give that a bash. Where’s the best place to get hypo, what would be the dilution ratio and what surfactant if any should I use? Sorry for all the questions but as you will probably guess I don’t do softwashing or powewashing.

We get ours from a farm shop 20 ltr costs £12 , as for surfactant  we get that from bonnymans it’s cheap as chips as you only need 300 ml ( coke can full) per neat drum of 20 ltr hypo we use  laurel dimethylamine oxide , if you want to add a scent mask again bonnymans sell it .
Dilution rate for UPVC we use 7 -1 , that’s 7 ltr of water to 1 ltr of hypo . Hope this helps