Stoots

Loncin engines
« on: April 28, 2024, 07:29:32 pm »
Are loncin engined pressure washer any good ? reliable ?

or if not which is better to go for GX390 or a Briggs Vanguard

thanks

edit:  ive posted this in wrong place i know 

Splash and dash

Re: Loncin engines
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2024, 07:34:11 pm »
Briggs vanguard are a cracking engine much more power than a Honda uses less fuel , and much quieter, Loncin have a good reputation but personally not had one .

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2024, 07:54:16 pm »
Briggs vanguard are a cracking engine much more power than a Honda uses less fuel , and much quieter, Loncin have a good reputation but personally not had one .

Im looking at the 14hp  vanguard fraction cheaper than the honda but i know the gx390 is the go to. I do fancy the vanguard tbh

zesty

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2024, 09:07:08 pm »
I’ve had 3 Loncins, all been superb.  No engine issues, ever.

They are a bit louder than Honda, but it’s no big deal.

Splash and dash

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2024, 09:21:02 pm »

Im looking at the 14hp  vanguard fraction cheaper than the honda but i know the gx390 is the go to. I do fancy the vanguard tbh

The Briggs is head and shoulders above the Honda I have had a couple of then in the past would never go back to them now

the king

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2024, 08:26:45 pm »
ive got a loncin been fantastic had it 4 years no issues at all its normaly screaming flat out  for hours mine 15lpm 250 bar

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2024, 10:53:20 pm »
had several Hondas and around 5 Loncin and 1 Lifan (a copy of a copy I believe!)

not much to separate them, the Loncin's tend to be more thirsty a tank seems to run a bout 30 mins less than on the Honda's

All reliable and start with no issues altho the Lancing after 5 years are starting to look tired where as the Honda's still seem like new (difficult to gauge as I don't know exactly which setup gets used the most)

Not had a Briggs - are they not Chinese ? - However engineering quality is so much better than say 20 years ago.
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

zesty

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2024, 07:39:11 am »
had several Hondas and around 5 Loncin and 1 Lifan (a copy of a copy I believe!)

not much to separate them, the Loncin's tend to be more thirsty a tank seems to run a bout 30 mins less than on the Honda's

All reliable and start with no issues altho the Lancing after 5 years are starting to look tired where as the Honda's still seem like new (difficult to gauge as I don't know exactly which setup gets used the most)

Not had a Briggs - are they not Chinese ? - However engineering quality is so much better than say 20 years ago.

Briggs are yank made Darran, they look good, I’ll probably move over to a briggs when my Loncins had its day - which will be years and years and years and…

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2024, 09:30:17 am »
while you are correct they still do under license make the Vanguard in Japan and China
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2024, 09:38:03 am »
Am I better to get one on wheels or van mounted ?

I fancy a van mount but worry I might come unstuck if the parking is poor.

Stoots

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2024, 10:02:14 am »
I read somewhere the vanguard engines are made by mitsubishi.

Splash and dash

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2024, 02:33:41 pm »
while you are correct they still do under license make the Vanguard in Japan and China

Briggs vanguard is a V twin  and made by Mitsubishi in Japan

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2024, 04:25:07 pm »
No one seems to have a bad word to say about Loncin so ive ordered one - 21Lpm  ;D

Just need some jobs now

zesty

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2024, 06:46:08 pm »
No one seems to have a bad word to say about Loncin so ive ordered one - 21Lpm  ;D

Just need some jobs now

You can’t go wrong. Enjoy it.

I’ve got 23lpm Loncin, it never misses a beat.

Smudger

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2024, 12:38:14 pm »
Just to be technical - 23 LPM - will be the pump - the engine is in HP  ;D

zesty

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2024, 01:45:08 pm »
Just to be technical - 23 LPM - will be the pump - the engine is in HP  ;D

Of course!!!

In fact mines a 21lpm pump, but with a slightly different reduction setup, giving me just a smidge under 23lpm.

I run AR pumps, never had an issue. Some prefer interpump.

I was just saying it all in short hand, a Loncin engine with 23lpm out the pump.

the king

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2024, 04:32:36 pm »
Off topic a bit buy my mate has a 21lpm at 200bar and a 15 lpm 250 bar and side buy side with turbos going flat out the 15 was quicker due to the extra bar shifting the white fungus! When I upgrade my 15 I’ll be making sure I still have 250 bar

Stoots

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2024, 06:27:31 pm »
Off topic a bit buy my mate has a 21lpm at 200bar and a 15 lpm 250 bar and side buy side with turbos going flat out the 15 was quicker due to the extra bar shifting the white fungus! When I upgrade my 15 I’ll be making sure I still have 250 bar

Yes im not sure why flow is deemed more important than pressure as surely more pressure means it hits the surface harder giving a deeper clean....

Smudger

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2024, 07:17:29 pm »
It’s relative to speed of moving the cr@p - light work 15ltrs a min is fine but will soon fall behind on dirty or heavily soiled surfaces. It’s about moving the slurry on big stuff

@ 200 @ lto 250 is negligible on most work depth of clean wise

michael mckeary

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2024, 09:03:48 pm »
Funny thing happened to me yesterday when PW a driveway. I bought a 16HP Vanguard (Briggs Engine)  from Rutland Pumps 5 years ago when they were cheap as chips. 250 bar at 21 or 23 lpm not sure what. Any way I have 3 twin turbo lances, two with Italian 035 nozzles and one with cheap Ebay nozzles. Went the Italian job and took the two good ones with me and a rinse lance. I thought this will be the easiest £250 I will ever make and I forgot this was the first clean of the year with my PW. I had already tested the washer and it was running fine so filled with fuel and wheeled it up my ramps and into my van. Got half a mile away to the job and filled up the bin. started using one of the twin turbo lances and one of the nozzles would not spin, I thought, never mind I'll swap it for the other lance and the same thing happened with it. I was raging and even contemplated swapping a bad nozzle for a good one. In the end I persevered with one nozzle and a jet. After changing the lance over a few times one began to fully work but I was nearly finished by then. Tonight I was buying 3 new nozzles from Rutland so I have 3 all Italian nozzles which should all be working for my next job in a week's time. 

Smudger

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2024, 09:53:20 pm »
you know you can repair them....

Stoots

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2024, 05:32:30 pm »
Machine arrived today, pulled trigger and wasnt expecting the power lol

absoloute beast must have took me all of 10 mins to clean my 4 x 7 metre driveway

One question though is there a best way to start the machine ? i seemed to take a few pulls each time and wasnt sure if i should be starting it up with or without the prime valve open ? or wouldnt it matter

thanks

zesty

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2024, 06:22:14 pm »

absoloute beast must have took me all of 10 mins to clean my 4 x 7 metre driveway

One question though is there a best way to start the machine ? i seemed to take a few pulls each time and wasnt sure if i should be starting it up with or without the prime valve open ? or wouldnt it matter

thanks

Do you mean the water release valve? To take the pressure off the pump? If so, always open it when starting. Really not easy to restart it when the pump is full of water.

I nearly always put the choke on for restarts as well, even if just by half. Gets it going within a pull or two everytime.

They are powerful, try putting a 15 degree nozzle on at full wack, gives a good bit of push back!

Stoots

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2024, 08:55:45 pm »

thanks

Do you mean the water release valve? To take the pressure off the pump? If so, always open it when starting. Really not easy to restart it when the pump is full of water.

I nearly always put the choke on for restarts as well, even if just by half. Gets it going within a pull or two everytime.

They are powerful, try putting a 15 degree nozzle on at full wack, gives a good bit of push back!

yes the ball valve thing that lets the water out, thought that was to prime the pump and get any air out....

That might be where i was going wrong, i think i was starting it with it closed.

zesty

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2024, 09:15:39 pm »

thanks

yes the ball valve thing that lets the water out, thought that was to prime the pump and get any air out....

That might be where i was going wrong, i think i was starting it with it closed.

It’s mainly to make it easier to start, open it each time, then shut as soon as it running.

It does help bleed air, but only really on the initial start up. After that, it needs to be open to make it easier to pull the cord!