dazmond

i ordered some 50 degree fan jet capsules and tried them out last week.....they lasted an hour and i had to change them out for my standard 2mm pencils.....

1.i hated the sound of them!they are really loud
2.i couldnt rinse off the glass without overspray everywhere
3.totally impractical when your trying to avoid a top rubber seal when rinsing.

no matter what setting i had my controller on they sounded like i was jet washing the windows!awful! ::)roll ;D
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

use what suits you best Daz - I always hated pencil jets - I find fan jets give better coverage - better rinsing and I certainly don't spray any part of a building other than the window frame and glass

just a different technique I would imagine

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

lozsing

I always wondered do fan jets use more water than standard pencil jets?.

Stoots

tried them and i agree, they are horrendous.

If nothing else it sounds like a jetwash on the glass they are really loud, far too loud to be blasting on someones windows at half 8 in the morning. Scare people to death with them.

zesty

I hate them.

Takes ages to rinse as the ‘weight’ of the water running down the glass is too pansy like. Takes ages for bits of dirt to rinse.

I like big fat 3mm pencil Jets, producing heavy fat water down the window.

dazmond

tried them and i agree, they are horrendous.

If nothing else it sounds like a jetwash on the glass they are really loud, far too loud to be blasting on someones windows at half 8 in the morning. Scare people to death with them.

i work in some really peaceful,quiet semi rural areas at times and these fan jets just ruined it!at one point i thought i was going to get done for breach of the peace! ;D

Stephen burton

I agree I tried them about 3 weeks ago and thought they were awful and yeah then noise was like using a power tool when u opened up the univalve and I also thought when your chasing a lump of crap down the window it was slower but each to their own

SB Cleaning

I hate fan jets too they are rubbish, no accuracy, dont rinse as well as pencils.

They are good if you want a quick cold shower on a hot day though ;D

Shrek

I love them, haven’t used pencils in about 4 years! They are loud when you use them on a small toothbrush but when you’ve got a larger brush and use 4 fans , the water is spread out so is quieter. They’re brilliant!

lal

Ive been using Fanjets for the last 4 years, much prefer them to pencil jets, like Smudger said better coverage,
 much better rinsing, as for noise, i don't even notice any noise.  ::)roll

swanson

Agree I think they are great
They are a bit noisy

Smudger

at least the customer knows your working  ;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Slacky

I've used fan jets for the last 10 years, pump on full bore.

If you cant clean with fan jets you're not a real window cleaner.

NWH

And all that overspray creates spots and runs everywhere,good for huge car showroom higher up windows and facias gutters etc for everything else I would bin em.

Smudger

And all that overspray creates spots and runs everywhere,good for huge car showroom higher up windows and facias gutters etc for everything else I would bin em.

well you would as you don't like cleaning windows properly at the best of times

jk999

Well that says it all dont it 😳

jk999

I knew i was deaf but not that deaf wow ,you all must have sonic hearing to hear fan jets🤣🤣🤣🤣

I don't use them everyday, they are a tool like any other.
I've a soft flocked brush set up with fans on it and find it best suited to real leaded windows, applying tfr. etc to a conny roof, shop signs, gutters facias soffits etc......
Its not going to suit every job or run of the mill maintenance cleans if pencil jets are what you are used to / prefer but they do somethings better than pencil jets.

zesty

Ive been using Fanjets for the last 4 years, much prefer them to pencil jets, like Smudger said better coverage,
 much better rinsing, as for noise, i don't even notice any noise.  ::)roll

I run the pump on full chat, and find fan jets pants for rinsing.

The water is just too ‘light’ on the glass to rinse off bits of dirt.

With 3mm pencils it creates big, fat, heavy water that rinses crap quicker.

It’s like drizzle vs monsoon.

I’ve tried to make fans work, but for me, i just find them frustrating for rinsing. And again, that’s at full pump speed.

Each to their own, there’s no right or wrong, except, well, fan jets are wrong  ;D

dazmond

my fan jets were so loud i couldnt talk to one of my customers properly when she came out(i work and talk at the same time)......i had to shout!utterly ridiculous!

each to their own but im sticking with 2mm pencils..... :)