I've a proloc manual reel with 50 meters of microbore.
I'd thought about the diy route to making it electric but looks a bit more envolved than doing the same to some other styles of reel.
The waterworks powerup HD  seems to be an adapted version of the same reel though, can you really get 100 meters of microbore on it ? Its quite a narrow spool and my manual one looks pretty full as it is with 50 meters on it.

Also considering the powerup 3D because I'm liking the hose retaining bars and looks wider and more capable of holding 100 meters on it.

In either case, has anybody attached a full width hose roller guide to them  ? as thats another consideration for my set up.
It  looks like its possible but suprised waterworks dont seem to list any add on accessory such as this. if so, where from ?

thanks

windowswashed

Re: decision time on an electric reel, a few questions ....
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 08:52:20 pm »
Windowcleaningwarehouse sell them electric hosereels with the roller guides as extras. One set of rollers attach to the floor, the other you need to cut a hole in the floorpan and attach them underneath.

I opted for pure freedom electric hosereel with a swivel base and rollers that attach to the hosereel which can be extended 5-600 mm for open doors on the van so will be mounting by side door as other van has a tailgate so have the option of reeling out either of three doors. Ordered it last Tuesday but expected to get it this Friday or next Tuesday so I can fit it in the other van.

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 09:13:36 pm »
Ok thanks windowswashed but I was meaning something more like this that could actually be attached to the reel.
Looks like it could be bolted on to where the waterworks logo plate  goes on the front of the reel.
My reel is mounted as close to the back door as possible  so I'm not really wanting to be cutting holes in floor etc.
Just thought someone may have done similar.

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 10:35:07 pm »
I've a proloc manual reel with 50 meters of microbore.
I'd thought about the diy route to making it electric but looks a bit more envolved than doing the same to some other styles of reel.
The waterworks powerup HD  seems to be an adapted version of the same reel though, can you really get 100 meters of microbore on it ? Its quite a narrow spool and my manual one looks pretty full as it is with 50 meters on it.

Also considering the powerup 3D because I'm liking the hose retaining bars and looks wider and more capable of holding 100 meters on it.

In either case, has anybody attached a full width hose roller guide to them  ? as thats another consideration for my set up.
It  looks like its possible but suprised waterworks dont seem to list any add on accessory such as this. if so, where from ?

thanks

I have both types of reel the hd will easily hold 100 meters of microbore and on mine  I have 30  meters of pole hose as well ,
The new 3 d reel will also hold the same , but is slower reeling in for  some reason , but both are good reels

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 10:56:47 pm »
Thanks splash & dash.
Vs the reelmaster from pure freedom I'm guessing they have no stall protection ? .....as theres no mention in the sales blurb.

I've since seen a youtube vid of a diy conversion of my proloc reel so may still be a viable budget alternative for me without wasting the reel. But the HD is just that , an electric proloc. So thanks for confirming it will take 100 meters.

Splash & dash

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 11:08:23 pm »
Thanks splash & dash.
Vs the reelmaster from pure freedom I'm guessing they have no stall protection ? .....as theres no mention in the sales blurb.

I've since seen a youtube vid of a diy conversion of my proloc reel so may still be a viable budget alternative for me without wasting the reel. But the HD is just that , an electric proloc. So thanks for confirming it will take 100 meters.

I bought two pure freedom reels both faulty  so sent them back and bought  the waterworks ones I have 3  X  hd  and 3x3d reels , this soft start thing is a bit of a  hoax’s all electric reels start off slow and get faster the more you keep it running it ,with the waterworks reels you just blip the button to control the speed  the end result it works the same as pure freedoms reels .

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 08:40:31 am »
I've got a pure freedom reelmaster........had it nearly 2 years now......its very fast to wind in(I leave it on 99)....its a great reel...its very robust plus you can check your battery voltage too....
price higher/work harder!

Splash & dash

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2020, 10:00:26 am »
I've got a pure freedom reelmaster........had it nearly 2 years now......its very fast to wind in(I leave it on 99)....its a great reel...its very robust plus you can check your battery voltage too....

Why do you need to check your battery  voltage ??  If using the correct battery’s for your set up there is no need , you can also check it from your controller s if you need to . , so that carbuncle of a thing stuck right in the way on  pf reels isn’t needed , it’s a nice reel but  the electrical side I’s very poorly designed, and to big and bulky with cheap crimped fittings right where water will drip onto the connections over time causing corrosion , they also have no quality control what’s si ever , look at the problem you had with yours initially.

mufcglen

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2020, 02:23:20 pm »
I got a powerup 3D and if your thinking of getting one I wouldn’t worry about a reel guide as the hose can’t jump over the sides with it all being enclosed, unlike the other reels you can’t get the hose stuck in the chain at the side.
Its actually become quite comforting knowing there’s no chance of getting the hose stuck down the sides!!
I love the thumb button control too they come with, much better than the yellow button control they used to come with.

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2020, 04:50:03 pm »
The reel guide isn't to ease my concern of the hose jumping off the reel its because the bulk of my work is terrace fronts street parked  and usually hose pulled out at 90 degree angles.

I've gone off the idea of the pure freedom one having seen the state of Mark Monroes on youtube after only two years ( rusty and corroded to the extent that he updated it with stainless still brackets upgrade ). Plus they look bulky and over engineered. No need for a battery level display or a speed controller ( especially if you're going to run it at 99 all the time anyway )

So I'm still in two minds.
Powerup 3D or convert my manual proloc to be essentially the same thing as the HD but for a fraction of the cost.
 I might just treat myself though and cut out all the faff and time.

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2020, 06:04:02 pm »

Why do you need to check your battery  voltage ??  If using the correct battery’s for your set up there is no need , you can also check it from your controller s if you need to . , so that carbuncle of a thing stuck right in the way on  pf reels isn’t needed , it’s a nice reel but  the electrical side I’s very poorly designed, and to big and bulky with cheap crimped fittings right where water will drip onto the connections over time causing corrosion , they also have no quality control what’s si ever , look at the problem you had with yours initially.

just because you had a bad experience with your PF reels doesnt mean everyone else has.....lots of us are happy with these reels...they are much better than the older HD electric reels for sure.....much better built and solid as a rock......

mine hasnt missed a beat in nearly 2 years......ok i did have a problem with chain coming off the first week i got it but PF sorted it and its been great ever since with zero maintenance.....

Splash & dash

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2020, 04:52:04 pm »

just because you had a bad experience with your PF reels doesnt mean everyone else has.....lots of us are happy with these reels...they are much better than the older HD electric reels for sure.....much better built and solid as a rock......

mine hasnt missed a beat in nearly 2 years......ok i did have a problem with chain coming off the first week i got it but PF sorted it and its been great ever since with zero maintenance.....

Any company that supplies  two brand new reels both faulty , supplied in the wrong material but charging for it is not only incompetent but clearly not worth dealing with they managed to charge me over £1600 and took my money very quickly , only when I spoke to the  MD and threatened legal action did they bother to sort it out , supplying one faulty reel would be unfortunate but two is just not on , it cost me a days loss of earnings for two people so best part of £850 , do they  pay  Me for loss of earnings  ?????  No  , deal with pf at your peril , I also know that Ime not alone in this situation I  can name two other companies that have experienced very similar issues .

robert mitchell

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2020, 06:50:33 pm »
Ok thanks windowswashed but I was meaning something more like this that could actually be attached to the reel.
Looks like it could be bolted on to where the waterworks logo plate  goes on the front of the reel.
My reel is mounted as close to the back door as possible  so I'm not really wanting to be cutting holes in floor etc.

Have you got a link for that roller in the pic ?
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2020, 10:37:46 pm »

Any company that supplies  two brand new reels both faulty , supplied in the wrong material but charging for it is not only incompetent but clearly not worth dealing with they managed to charge me over £1600 and took my money very quickly , only when I spoke to the  MD and threatened legal action did they bother to sort it out , supplying one faulty reel would be unfortunate but two is just not on , it cost me a days loss of earnings for two people so best part of £850 , do they  pay  Me for loss of earnings  ?????  No  , deal with pf at your peril , I also know that Ime not alone in this situation I  can name two other companies that have experienced very similar issues .

I just wish you d stop  slating pure freedom at every opportunity.....yes you had a bad experience but thousands of window cleaners haven't!their reels are top notch IMO

mufcglen

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2020, 08:45:10 am »
If your worried about corrosion and it’s a choice of either waterworks reel I’d go for the 3D, it’s got metal components where it matters but mainly made up of tough abs plastic, trust me it’s solid!
The other thing is there’s no chain to pop off with it being a belt but you wouldn’t catch it with the hose anyway!
The hand switch is awesome too, probably the best imo out of all the reels to grip.

Den68

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2020, 09:09:01 am »
Had  my power up  Hd for  approx 4 years great reels no problems whatsoever  still in excellent condition my second  HD the same. Condition, Also have the power up 3D  another great reel.

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2020, 10:10:36 am »
The reel guide isn't to ease my concern of the hose jumping off the reel its because the bulk of my work is terrace fronts street parked  and usually hose pulled out at 90 degree angles.

I've gone off the idea of the pure freedom one having seen the state of Mark Monroes on youtube after only two years ( rusty and corroded to the extent that he updated it with stainless still brackets upgrade ). Plus they look bulky and over engineered. No need for a battery level display or a speed controller ( especially if you're going to run it at 99 all the time anyway )

Powerup 3D or convert my manual proloc to be essentially the same thing as the HD but for a fraction of the cost.

My pure freedom reel is nearly 2 years old(same one as mark munros) and theres not a spot of rust on it anywhere....strange.....

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2020, 11:10:53 am »

Have you got a link for that roller in the pic ?
Think its for a cox reel so maybe too wide, was using it as more of an example of the sort of thing I was after.
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fhosereelsdirect.co%2Fhose-reel-accessories%2Froller-guides%2F15354&psig=AOvVaw3nrT2lKmWFZWsvCsvkERaf&ust=1590401037247000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCJCOoeygzOkCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAF

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2020, 11:20:33 am »

My pure freedom reel is nearly 2 years old(same one as mark munros) and theres not a spot of rust on it anywhere....strange.....
But you look after your stuff Daz. Thats not to say I don't either but  its just put me off the design of the reelmaster.  Size, weight, bells n whistles I don't have a need / want to pay for.   I'm going with  the 3D as it suits the space in my van better and prefer the way it looks asthetically.

Splash & dash

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2020, 03:42:23 pm »

I just wish you d stop  slating pure freedom at every opportunity.....yes you had a bad experience but thousands of window cleaners haven't!their reels are top notch IMO

Sais the man that had a faulty reel from them and had to drive 350 mile round trip at his own expense to get it sorted , people need to know what this firm are like , 7 years ago when I was looking into getting a hot system I phoned them three times for prices , Ime still waiting for them to get back to me now , so I was looking at spending in the region of 6-10 k with them and they couldn’t evan bother to phone back , thank goodness I went with Grippatank,  they clearly  have not improved or learned any lessons from this as again I now se real people that have phoned up for prices on stuff and they never got called back , I did have this conversation with there MD when I spoke to him about returning my money , he did admitvthey have problems , which is good but they still have not sorted out there internal lack of communication and quality control . They just don’t learn .

windowswashed

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2020, 01:19:06 am »
Finally got my electric hose reel, swivel plate and extension roller from pure freedom. Fitted it in the other van now.  Very surprised just how heavy the hose reel is before 100metres of hose is fitted.  Impressed with the swivel base, it's ideal with the combination of the extension roller guides.
All that's left now is to fit an additional battery parallel so it's 2 x12 V 230Amps and to wire in a battery to battery charger so my batteries stay topped up so I can plug in some accessories. Will fit a battery isolator slide switch next to the positive terminal  for now until I can book it in with a garage to wire a feed from the battery to battery charger via a live ignition feed so it doesn't drain the batteries on night usage as automatic set up does that if not wired to live ignition feed with these new smart chargers.