jo5hm4n

NKServices
« on: January 15, 2019, 10:13:10 am »
Hi Nathan.

Got my second van kitted out.  Got round to fitting that bilge pump that you recommended.  Fitted it on weekend.

The hole ive drilled in top of the tank to feed pump hose out of is slightly too big.  So when tank is full water is splashing about all over place and getting everywhere.

What would you say is best or easiest way to solve this?  For now ive jammed it with cloths to stop it leaking whilst we work but need a proper fix for it. 

Havent had time to do a video yet will do one soon when i get round to it.  Cheers

nathankaye

Re: NKServices
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 10:40:10 am »
When the tank is empty, dry the inside of the tank where the hole is with a scrim. If you can reach it.
Then put gaffa tape around the hole whilst your tube is in position. Tape over the hole as best you can. Then carefully from the outside of the tank, use expandable filler. Once dry, use a knife to level off.

Thats what i did anyway and dont forget to remove the gaffa tape from inside the tank once dry as well. Do this first before you hack away on the top side.

Or if the hole isnt too big then do the same but with a hard setting/water proof tape setting thick glue that wont fall straight through the hole and then sand smooth whilst catching any debris so it doesnt contaminate the tank. (If that makes sense)

But others may have some other suggestions to help as well.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 11:41:57 am »
I've an idea ......
wrap self amalgamating tape around the hose at the point it goes through hole in tank, put enough on so it fits the hole snug.
Then ( if needed ) run a bead of stixall around the hose where it exits the hole in the tank.
The links for both are here ;

https://www.toolstation.com/self-amalgamating-repair-tape/p23876?searchstr=Self%20Amalgamating%20Repair%20Tape

https://www.toolstation.com/stixall-adhesive-sealant-290ml/p77137?searchstr=Stixall%20Adhesive%20&%20Sealant%20290ml

Both these products are great and have loads of uses. Always got them in my toolbox.  ;)

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 12:31:43 pm »
The old saying measure twice  cut once comes to mind  😂😂😂

nathankaye

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 01:48:33 pm »
The old saying measure twice  cut once comes to mind  😂😂😂

Not helpful tho is it now
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk