advanced

K systems
« on: January 07, 2019, 08:30:53 pm »
Getting a quote from  k systems  for  van system in Suffolk  any body here had  know of them. Good or bad

jonny thompson

Re: K systems
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 08:40:53 pm »
I had a 700 l dual pumps and two lpg heaters fitted about 2 years ago, all still working well

Slash

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 01:13:49 pm »
I drove there from Leatherhead as I wanted one pronto and he fitted me in within a few days which was a Saturday,he comes and installs the systems at your home but I couldnt wait 3-4 weeks,got a 350 litre put in a bipper a few years back,I found the system worked well ,he wires the system up to my battery and never  had to charge it.
All in all good systems.

advanced

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 05:08:17 pm »
Thanks for your replies ,he gave me a very   Competitive quote at nearly half the price of the others so I must admit I’m very tempted .
 The Only thing I have to do is speak line the flooring myself   Which is very easy to do ,

advanced

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 05:09:35 pm »
 sorry meant speed line flooring   

Slash

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 05:32:49 pm »
Yes,he took a deposite from me and sent me out a big tub of protectakote that day so done it in half an hour being a bipper ;D

John Mart

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 05:38:38 pm »
Why bother with Protectacote? I just have the systems bolted straight in now. If the floor rusts through, it won’t be from inside. Waste of time.

advanced

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 05:41:54 pm »
 Well his quote is very competitive against gripper tank and  Aqua factors  at the end of the day he is installing tanks pumps batteries wiring et cetera just like all the others and delivering pure water .
 As long as what he installs stands the test of time   And is of good quality  that’s all that matters

advanced

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 05:44:05 pm »
 I think it always looks tidier when it’s  Protectakote coated. ,Plus it’s a brand-new VW transporter which are not cheap so I wanna make sure it lasts

Simon Trapani

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 05:44:44 pm »
Why bother with Protectacote? I just have the systems bolted straight in now. If the floor rusts through, it won’t be from inside. Waste of time.
I only do the floor in the Vivaro because I find it slippy if not. Some vans come with a rubber mat liner I think.

jonny thompson

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 06:20:39 pm »
Make sure he does a auto shut off, the one he did with me stopping the tank when it was full, but the water carried on leaving the tap and going down the drain

jonny thompson

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2019, 06:23:34 pm »
I was also have him fit a lpg heater if I was you

advanced

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2019, 06:35:25 pm »
Only having delivery system as I have  static set up in garage
Have lpg set up  at moment but not happy having gas in van anymore so waiting to see what lee Pryor  comes up with  hope it’s not all hot air

dd

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2019, 06:44:32 pm »
Well his quote is very competitive against gripper tank and  Aqua factors  at the end of the day he is installing tanks pumps batteries wiring et cetera just like all the others and delivering pure water .
 As long as what he installs stands the test of time   And is of good quality  that’s all that matters
What sort of price did Aquafactors come up with?

I think their tanks are very good and are frame-less.

advanced

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2019, 06:49:53 pm »
For 850 liter tank  2x  pump. Etc etc  speedlining floor  just above 4 k
I am sure there stuff is top notch

dd

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2019, 07:03:07 pm »
Thanks. I am not a fan of Wydale tanks which is why Aquafactors would interest me (along with Grippa and Pure 2o).

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2019, 07:40:38 pm »
For 850 liter tank  2x  pump. Etc etc  speedlining floor  just above 4 k
I am sure there stuff is top notch

you could of had a brand new 2 man 9kw grippatank hydroheat diesel heater with frost stat,controller,leisure batteries and smart split charge relay fitted for a few hundred more......(tank and frame bought separately and fitted by your local garage for pennies).....
price higher/work harder!

Slash

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2019, 07:55:44 pm »
I have an aquafactor tank for sale,Check  out on other thread.

John Mart

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2019, 08:12:33 pm »
I have an aquafactor tank for sale,Check  out on other thread.
The guy in the next unit to us makes a lot of the stuff for Aquafactors.

John Mart

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2019, 08:15:12 pm »
I only do the floor in the Vivaro because I find it slippy if not. Some vans come with a rubber mat liner I think.
The Customs have a lovely liner available. The guy I mentioned above said you can line a van  out in that hard plastic stuff Pure Freedom use for reels. Talking of which did the op get a quote from PF?

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2019, 08:21:16 pm »
I think it always looks tidier when it’s  Protectakote coated. ,Plus it’s a brand-new VW transporter which are not cheap so I wanna make sure it lasts

your spending 3ok on a van and intend to paint it with the cheapest crapest paint thats on the market ?  makes sense to me  ;D speedliner is the way forward

advanced

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2019, 08:35:07 pm »
Your right  I meant to say sperdliner

advanced

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2019, 08:36:29 pm »
Bloody typo again   Meant speedliner

advanced

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2019, 08:48:08 pm »
Still not sure grippa  Aqua factors
Or cheaper k system
Bit like go for  porche  bmw or  Ford Mondeo

John Mart

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2019, 09:07:57 pm »
Still not sure grippa  Aqua factors
Or cheaper k system
Bit like go for  porche  bmw or  Ford Mondeo
Not really because the performance between those products is identical unlike cars.

advanced

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2019, 09:25:43 pm »
True  except build qualities  and how there packaged 
Grippa only one in three  with crash tested tank  I think .

John Mart

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2019, 09:43:23 pm »
True  except build qualities  and how there packaged 
Grippa only one in three  with crash tested tank  I think .
Pure Freedom is crash tested. Definitely worth a quote. Mid priced.

advanced

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2019, 05:32:43 am »
That’s true too far for me  though I’m in south east

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2019, 06:29:00 am »
I haven't used them personally but I know two people who have.They where both pleased with them the only negative comment they both said was communication and getting hold of him could sometimes be difficult.

For me I would go with grippa in my opinion the best build quality and service out there.Grippa can also speedliner the floor for you.
The price for speedliner will be pretty much the same where ever you go.

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2019, 08:21:49 am »
most new vans have plastic load liner on the van floor as standard dont they?mine does....no need for speedliner if you have this down,thatll save you a few quid...

thinking about it i would go with grippa for a tank that size,thats a hell of a large tank to have in the back of your van......

p1w1

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2019, 01:30:32 pm »
I have used both..K systems about 7 years ago  and Grippamax recently. So my experience with both is this.
K systems, tank and frame. Came across as a nice guy and is quite a bit cheaper. The frame was made my him with the bed type angle iron they use and painted, it did start to show signs of surface rust after a while also tank was standard wydale one.
Had an issue regarding that there was no lid for the tank and was promised it would get sent to me straight away but after a number of phone calls (was hard to get hold of him) i never received it. Also looking at where things were bolted down, frame was only bolted in 3 places 1 on each corner and the plates used underneath were just scrap pieces of metal (just cut from something and not painted for rust protection) although thick they were narrow and on 1 of the fixings you could see where the plate had twisted a bit and bent the floor slightly underneath.
Overall although cheap, my experience was you get what you pay for, i actually took it out after about a year after i got a second hand pure freedom frame and got them to fit it (far more solid and stainless steel frame).

Last year had a Grippamax tank and frame fitted although more expensive the quality is second to none as is there customer service. Tank is properly baffled and cant be compared to a wydale tank absolutely no rocking from the water when tank is half full, the frame to fix it down is solid and with the cabinet to hide all the pumps etc makes things neat and tidy. You can also bolt battery boxes to the side of the tank as the tank has a number of fixing points on it.
Just before Christmas i had the hot water system added when i got it back i did have a few issues with it, but an engineer came to my home address straight after Christmas and sorted it all out.
Its all down to what your preference is, cheap and cheerful then K systems would probably do, you want something crash tested neat and tidy and about as safe as it can possibly be with great costumer service then Grippamax, although i was also happy with the pure freedom installation just a shame they still use the wydale tanks.
The benefit of Aquafactors is you can have it made to your size and specification although i dont know what the fitting of them is like.
Personally i would say grippamax although probably the most expensive they are very well made and thought out and it can always be moved to another van in the future so no reason it cant last for many years.

lal

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2019, 04:14:54 pm »
I have used both..K systems about 7 years ago  and Grippamax recently. So my experience with both is this.
K systems, tank and frame. Came across as a nice guy and is quite a bit cheaper. The frame was made my him with the bed type angle iron they use and painted, it did start to show signs of surface rust after a while also tank was standard wydale one.
Had an issue regarding that there was no lid for the tank and was promised it would get sent to me straight away but after a number of phone calls (was hard to get hold of him) i never received it. Also looking at where things were bolted down, frame was only bolted in 3 places 1 on each corner and the plates used underneath were just scrap pieces of metal (just cut from something and not painted for rust protection) although thick they were narrow and on 1 of the fixings you could see where the plate had twisted a bit and bent the floor slightly underneath.
Overall although cheap, my experience was you get what you pay for, i actually took it out after about a year after i got a second hand pure freedom frame and got them to fit it (far more solid and stainless steel frame).

Last year had a Grippamax tank and frame fitted although more expensive quality is second to none as is there customer service. Tank is properly baffled and cant be compared to a wydale tank absolutely no rocking from the water when tank is half full, the frame to fix it down is solid and with the cabinet to hide all the pumps etc makes things neat and tidy. You can also bolt battery boxes to the side of the tank as the tank has a number of fixing points on it.
Just before Christmas i had the hot water system added when i got it back i did have a few issues with it, but an engineer came to my home address straight after Christmas and sorted it all out.
Its all down to what your preference is, cheap and cheerful then K systems would probably do, you want something crash tested neat and tidy and about as safe as it can possibly be with great costumer service then Grippamax, although i was also happy with the pure freedom installation just a shame they still use the wydale tanks.
The benefit of Aquafactors is you can have it made to your size and specification although i dont know what the fitting of them is like.
Personally i would say grippamax although probably the most expensive they are very well made and thought out and it can always be moved to another van in the future so no reason it cant last for many years.

Hi p1w1,  i bought a GrippaMax plus Hot water system last year, just wondered what issues you had with your hot system,
before the engineer sorted it, I'm not sure if my water is getting hot enough to its max temperature.

Regards
Larry

p1w1

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2019, 04:31:59 pm »

Last year had a Grippamax tank and frame fitted although more expensive quality is second to none as is there customer service. Tank is properly baffled and cant be compared to a wydale tank absolutely no rocking from the water when tank is half full, the frame to fix it down is solid and with the cabinet to hide all the pumps etc makes things neat and tidy. You can also bolt battery boxes to the side of the tank as the tank has a number of fixing points on it.

Hi p1w1,  i bought a GrippaMax plus Hot water system last year, just wondered what issues you had with your hot system,
before the engineer sorted it, I'm not sure if my water is getting hot enough to its max temperature.

Regards
Larry
Hi Larry
Mainly minor build issues nothing major. Had a  leak on one of the heat exchanger connections and the heat exchanger brackets had come away from the cabinet as they forgot to put some padding underneath them and just some  extra bolts in the cabinet securing it to the tank. Most i could of sorted myself but Oliver said to leave them and he will get it all resolved (which he did).
Ive only just started using it so not really an expert on temps and dont have exact temp figures, but yesterday i had a job were i could test what sort of heat you can get. I had all 100mt of hose out and working with a 35ft pole fully extended with an outside temp of 9 degrees and i was only getting luke warm water (which was to be expected i suppose) but with all hose on the reel and a 22ft pole connected i was getting heat that you could only just hold your hand under. Both instances i had the heat set on maximum with a flow rate of 45-50 but not sure what the water temp was to begin with in my tank.
Main issue with not getting full heat could be your batteries not in top condition, that seems to be the main cause of this problem. I think Slacky had this issue recently until he  brought new batteries, so my be worth checking  that yours are fully charged and in good condition also my coolant tank is filled about 3/4 full.

lal

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2019, 05:23:27 pm »

Regards
Larry
Hi Larry
Mainly minor build issues nothing major. Had a  leak on one of the heat exchanger connections and the heat exchanger brackets had come away from the cabinet as they forgot to put some padding underneath them and just some  extra bolts in the cabinet securing it to the tank. Most i could of sorted myself but Oliver said to leave them and he will get it all resolved (which he did).
Ive only just started using it so not really an expert on temps and dont have exact temp figures, but yesterday i had a job were i could test what sort of heat you can get. I had all 100mt of hose out and working with a 35ft pole fully extended with an outside temp of 9 degrees and i was only getting luke warm water (which was to be expected i suppose) but with all hose on the reel and a 22ft pole connected i was getting heat that you could only just hold your hand under. Both instances i had the heat set on maximum with a flow rate of 45-50 but not sure what the water temp was to begin with in my tank.
Main issue with not getting full heat could be your batteries not in top condition, that seems to be the main cause of this problem. I think Slacky had this issue recently until he  brought new batteries, so my be worth checking  that yours are fully charged and in good condition also my coolant tank is filled about 3/4 full.

Thanks p1w1, (sorry don't know your name) for your quick reply, yes i was thinking the same about the batteries,
as you advised i will be checking them out, and replacing if required. 
Thanks again
Larry

advanced

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2019, 05:31:00 pm »
Thanks guys I’m leaning more towards grippa right now

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2019, 05:43:59 pm »
larry it could be the mixer valve on the side of the cabinet.my water is reading 50-55c at brush head with coiled up hose on the reel after the heaters been running for 20 mins or so(you cant hold your hand under it for long)in this cold weather....less when the hose is out due to heat loss....

i had a similar problem a few weeks after installation....i ended up taking the mixer valve off and refitting it and its been fine ever since....this was over a year ago now.....i always run my system on full heat setting summer and winter and charge my batteries up overnight every night with a commercial numax charger(as well as having a smart  split charge relay fitted)

lal

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2019, 08:48:02 pm »
larry it could be the mixer valve on the side of the cabinet.my water is reading 50-55c at brush head with coiled up hose on the reel after the heaters been running for 20 mins or so(you cant hold your hand under it for long)in this cold weather....less when the hose is out due to heat loss....

i had a similar problem a few weeks after installation....i ended up taking the mixer valve off and refitting it and its been fine ever since....this was over a year ago now.....i always run my system on full heat setting summer and winter and charge my batteries up overnight every night with a commercial numax charger(as well as having a smart  split charge relay fitted)

Hi dazmond, Happy & Prosperous new year to you mate, as far as i can see, the mixer valve is on the full heat setting, so basically you just took the mixer valve off and refitted it, is it straight forward enough to do, or can you advise me.
Thanks
Larry

dazmond

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2019, 04:46:55 pm »

Hi dazmond, Happy & Prosperous new year to you mate, as far as i can see, the mixer valve is on the full heat setting, so basically you just took the mixer valve off and refitted it, is it straight forward enough to do, or can you advise me.
Thanks
Larry

the mixer valve cap came off in my hand when i was fiddling about with it while the heater was on,it spewed hot water all over the van!i then just screwed it back on quickly and its been fine ever since...much hotter on full setting....

i dont think itll be your batteries if you had new ones fitted when you had your system installed Larry esp if your charging them up every night with a decent charger and have a split charge relay fitted.....

a few windys have had the same trouble with the mixer valve on these heaters not getting the water hot enough (even on so called full heat setting)

Frankybadboy

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2019, 07:31:26 pm »

your spending 3ok on a van and intend to paint it with the cheapest crapest paint thats on the market ?  makes sense to me  ;D speedliner is the way forward
bit like people who spend 20k+ and over load there vans  ;) ;) ;) ;)