Spruce

Exceed's Slick-Connect
« on: February 15, 2018, 07:22:08 am »
I've just seen the Steve no longer has those 360 Protectas on his site any longer. This is a bit of a pity as they worked well for us.

To begin with a couple of cleaners bought the newly released Slick Connectors but a few weren't impressed with them. Soupy was one of them if I recall.

Are there any users out there who have current experience with them. We have 3 hose reels and 7 poles with all interchangeable Rectus couplings. To change them over will be expensive.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Jonny 87

Re: Exceed's Slick-Connect
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 07:28:01 am »
If I were you, I’d wait a few months.

The next generation, or next set of machined parts should be better.

Currently I do like mine, and I wouldn’t use any other fitting. But they are difficult to release and push together sometimes. I think a few tweaks are needing made on the sizes that are being machined.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

STEVE-UK

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 08:12:08 am »
Sounds promising, if slick connects are being made smaller they would be ideal

I bought one to see what they are like,

I found them stiff to connect when they turned up, a quick squirt of silicon spray sorted that out 😉

charlie2

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 01:42:04 pm »
I've have had the a few week now' very happy with them. Have stood on them no breaks as I'm 18 stone thought they would break . also loving the United-valves.

slap bash

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 03:18:47 pm »
Steve is bringing new much-needed products to market. Well done again Steve your a smart man

Michael Peterson

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 05:52:04 pm »
Yes they work better than anything else , mine were impossible to take off the hose though when I needed to change , both useless after a week as I couldn’t take them off waste of loads of money

Spruce

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 05:59:05 pm »
Yes they work better than anything else , mine were impossible to take off the hose though when I needed to change , both useless after a week as I couldn’t take them off waste of loads of money

Isn't the hose held with o clips?

Jonny 87

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 06:37:20 pm »

Isn't the hose held with o clips?

Yeah it is. It’s a technique to take them apart, but it’s fine once you know how.

If you put a screw driver through both holes of the slick, and twist, the collar should come loose, then you can cut the o clips off. I’ve removed them a few times and works fine.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Michael Peterson

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 07:28:08 pm »
Would have been nice to have been told this before smashing them both ,

G & M

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2018, 09:59:15 pm »
any links?

Spruce

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 05:24:36 pm »

Currently I do like mine, and I wouldn’t use any other fitting. But they are difficult to release and push together sometimes. I think a few tweaks are needing made on the sizes that are being machined.
Hi Jonny,
We have had one or two customers mention to us about stiffer to connect.
However this is usually when using our uni-valve, as it creates back pressure in the hose.
If you switch the uni-valve on then connect its very simple to do, the same before you disconnect make sure valve is switched on  and it will be very simple to disconnect.
its all to do with back pressure not the fitting its self.
We do sell lubricant all the same.
https://ex-ceedinnovation.co.uk/shop/accessories/slick-connect-fitting-lubricant/

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2018, 05:36:00 pm »
I've just seen the Steve no longer has those 360 Protectas on his site any longer. This is a bit of a pity as they worked well for us.

To begin with a couple of cleaners bought the newly released Slick Connectors but a few weren't impressed with them. Soupy was one of them if I recall.

Are there any users out there who have current experience with them. We have 3 hose reels and 7 poles with all interchangeable Rectus couplings. To change them over will be expensive.
Soupy, took one look at it, judged it as crap, and did not even use it.
Just because its plastic does not mean its weak.
It is more durable than a Rectus fitting as a Rectus fitting is made of brass, so it wears away and dents easily.
The slick-connect it lighter so floor impact is softer, there's no ball bearings or moving parts to go wrong.
There cone shaped so a lot less likely to get snagged, and do not accidentally come apart when clipping the edge of a curb or slab.
Just don't allow a car to roll over it, as it would possibly break.
But day to day use its nicer to work with.
Any other queries please email me.
sales@ex-ceedinnovation.co.uk

Jonny 87

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2018, 05:36:12 pm »

Hi Jonny,
We have had one or two customers mention to us about stiffer to connect.
However this is usually when using our uni-valve, as it creates back pressure in the hose.
It you switch the uni-valve on then connect its very simple to do, the same before you disconnect make sure valve is switched on  and it will be very simple to disconnect.
its all to do with back pressure not the fitting its self.
We do sell lubricant all the same.
https://ex-ceedinnovation.co.uk/shop/accessories/slick-connect-fitting-lubricant/

Hi Steve,

All three of mine are the same, with or without pressure in the hoses. Could be that I use warm water?

A few others have also put lubricant on, and this seems to solve it. I’ll give it a go.

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2018, 05:38:34 pm »
Would have been nice to have been told this before smashing them both ,
Michael,
Here's the vid link, watch the second vid on removal
https://ex-ceedinnovation.co.uk/videos/

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2018, 05:43:03 pm »
Johny,
Maybe the warm water swells the rubber seal up a little.
Try some lube on it .

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2018, 05:45:31 pm »
Guy's
Im off for a while now, however email me any questions please.
sales@ex-ceedinnovation.co.uk

Dean Lewis

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2018, 10:44:18 pm »
Been using the Slick-connect fittings for a few weeks, so far no leaks but they can be difficult to push on and pull off.
A lot lighter though when dragging Hose around.
DCL