billozz

which system
« on: December 01, 2016, 04:01:51 pm »
hi all
on the verge of buying a new system for our new van, just wondering between varitech system(streamline) and xline system, ha sanyone used either? would appreciate some pro's and cons of each please. also considering ging for the hot version of each system, if anyone has experience of either one would like info about daily running costs please.
thanks
Bill
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

colin bird

Re: which system
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 05:46:18 pm »
hi all
on the verge of buying a new system for our new van, just wondering between varitech system(streamline) and xline system, ha sanyone used either? would appreciate some pro's and cons of each please. also considering ging for the hot version of each system, if anyone has experience of either one would like info about daily running costs please.
thanks
Bill
hi mate I've had  four van mounted ro systems from purefreedom,in my opinion there good systems and well priced

dd

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 06:34:03 pm »
What puts me off the xline system is it is bright orange, personally would get fed up looking at it, black would be a much more professional colour.

I would avoid a system that uses a Wydale tank and get one that is properly baffled, and not clear which over time could give problems with Algae.

Grippa, Pure 2o and maybe if you like orange, Xline.

johnwillan

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 09:25:35 pm »
Hi Bill

Not a direct answer I'm afraid but thought you might find it useful. We use GrippaTank Hot systems, great bunch of guys, very easy to deal with and provide excellent support.  The systems are very well designed and constructed, the internal baffles and unique lid ensure a dry and pleasant journey.  Deliberated about hot for years, glad we made the change, again a well thought out solution, super easy with built in frost stat.

HTH

John

billozz

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 10:18:22 pm »
John,
what do you find the main advantage of the hot water, does it clean quicker really?
do you use it all the time?
what are the cost implications on a weekly basis?
sorry for all the questions
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

johnwillan

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 10:56:19 pm »
No worries.

I am amazed at the benefit hot provides, I was a huge doubter but glad we took the plunge. We find the benefits numerous, such as, a simple frost stat solution,  no more covers, plug in heaters etc etc, ability to work unhindered in all weathers, flexible hoses all year round, increased productivity, snail trails, bee pollen, spider poo, algae etc simply wipes away. Surprised to say I use it all year round. It definitely uses more deisel but no idea how much, haven't bothered calculating costs as I'm confident that they'd be blown away by the efficiency gain. Not the most precise response but hope it helps.

John

Matt.

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 10:58:44 pm »
If u want to spend money there is lots of good systems out there but I would just diy it to suit your needs.

There's lots of different ways you can get hot water in the tank, there will be a few post further down regarding heating elements ( turn your tank into a kettle) , l5-l10 water heater which run off gas ( not sure how much a bottle of gas is but a decent heater about £180 ),  hot water is nice to work with in the winter and will help with very dirty jobs, but once your work is clean hot is not required to maintain it.

lal

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 11:14:32 pm »
Hi Bill

Not a direct answer I'm afraid but thought you might find it useful. We use GrippaTank Hot systems, great bunch of guys, very easy to deal with and provide excellent support.  The systems are very well designed and constructed, the internal baffles and unique lid ensure a dry and pleasant journey.  Deliberated about hot for years, glad we made the change, again a well thought out solution, super easy with built in frost stat.

Hi John, how long have you had your GrippaTank Hot system, do you use hot all the time, or just as and when, how often
 does the hot system need servicing, sorry about bombarding you with questions, but I'm looking at getting a GrippaTank system
 next year, like yourself still deliberating about going hot or not.
Regards
Lal

HTH

John

johnwillan

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 07:30:00 am »
Hi Lal

No worries

Mine is two years old, I use it all the time as I find benefits throughout the year. Not serviced as yet, not sure if I will, local chap has used his (Ionic) faultlessly for 11+ years without servicing.

I changed from a DIY set up with tank heater, cover etc etc, yes it worked, yes it was considerably cheaper, but without doubt upgrading was a huge improvement in so many ways - I wouldn't look back.

My colleagues who like me required convincing feel the same i.e. Delighted they made the change.

HTH

John

swanson

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2016, 09:37:45 am »
I have a streamline 400 twin Di system
From varitec it's a very good system very neat and tidy
I wish that I had hot water  had a render soft wash job today but had to cancel due to -5 temperatures in Cornwall.

lal

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2016, 09:55:32 am »
Hi Lal

No worries

Mine is two years old, I use it all the time as I find benefits throughout the year. Not serviced as yet, not sure if I will, local chap has used his (Ionic) faultlessly for 11+ years without servicing.

I changed from a DIY set up with tank heater, cover etc etc, yes it worked, yes it was considerably cheaper, but without doubt upgrading was a huge improvement in so many ways - I wouldn't look back.

My colleagues who like me required convincing feel the same i.e. Delighted they made the change.

HTH

John

Hi John, thanks very much for your advice, i think i will definitely be  going for the hot system now, as you say
 it has plenty of benefits.
 Regards
 Lal

johnwillan

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2016, 09:58:46 am »
You're welcome.

I'm sure you'll be delighted, I look forward to hearing your thoughts 🙂

Dave66

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2016, 10:52:07 pm »
Just be careful of the old fashioned single pain glass with hot water!

Yes I've cracked a few  :-X
plenty of cream...plenty of sugar!